Footstep Arrows!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footstep Arrows!!

when 1.3 came out i was sad to see the footstep arrow had been replaced with a decoy arrow....I LOVED the footstep arrow...its was great.....i used it lots...only issue i had with it is the footsteps could have been louder :grin: .....i think it AND the decoy arrow should be in the game

How about...

USE THE BLOODY DECOY INSTEAD?!

Comment

Originally posted by LegalAssassin
      How about...

USE THE BLOODY DECOY INSTEAD?!
      the decoy doesn't work in the same way the footstep arrow did...for example if i was playing TH-Folly and there was 2 guards by the gem on the first floor....i am in the area by the fireplace....i want to shoot my arrow somewhere away from them...maybe off to the right of their position....with a footstep.....they hear a series of footsteps in that area, they investigate.......with a decoy....i can either shoot it right near, them which would be pointless...or wait i could shoot it to the right of them....but wait there's shadows there and the decoy is invis...and useless

Comment

Decoy does not go Invisi no matter how dark it is.

Comment

odd kewl- cos mine do weird-maybe its a bug
          [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Originally posted by [E.D.G
            Chief]odd kewl- cos mine do weird-maybe its a bug
            good i'm glad it does it with someone else too because otherwise i would've felt stupid....now i can say it with authority.....DECOY'S DO GO INVIS IN SHADOWS :grin:

Comment

I would like to see footstep arrows included again as well, to compliment the decoy arrow.
              Kiech

Comment

?? no.. at lleast not the few times ive used it. Once was on asylum, down by thief spawn. I shot a decoy into the corner of the crematorium, all torches doused... he was clear as day to me. Maybe there was an unknown light.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                  ?? no.. at lleast not the few times ive used it. Once was on asylum, down by thief spawn. I shot a decoy into the corner of the crematorium, all torches doused... he was clear as day to me. Maybe there was an unknown light.
                  Or maybe because you were a thief, you could see it?

I think decoy arrows are much more useful than the footstep arrows. Sure they may not work in the same exact situations, but they are still better, because they can actually fool guards.

The old footstep arrow made a rapid series of footsteps - it sounded completely unlike any footstep sound a thief could make.

Maybe the decoy arrows could have a footstep sound added to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy
                    Maybe the decoy arrows could have a footstep sound added to them?
                    What, like the old footstep arrow sound, so you know they're just decoys?!?

Comment

LR: I said "a footstep sound", not "_the_ footstep sound". To be effective, it would have to make the thief footstep noise appropriate to the type of ground it's on, and not make a rapid series of them. Perhaps just one or 2 steps, separated by a random couple second interval.

Comment

Ill do you one better.. have it do the BJ smack sound ...not too often...maybe once after 2 secs.. then again after 7 secs.

Comment

Ill do you one better.. have it do the BJ smack sound ...not too often...maybe once after 2 secs.. then again after 7 secs.
                          Hehe, that'd scare the guards away, not lure them.

Anyway, the decoy is NEVER invisible. I don't know whether you're blind or something, but the decoy is allways partly visible, even in the deepest shadows. The only exception being broad daylight, in which a decoy is fully visible.

This is devestating, because many thieves often miss the shadows and creep a little into the light, so they become partly visible. This is one of the key elements a guard looks for when guarding an object.

The old footstep arrow was flawed. It did a bad job at luring human guards, because really, no guard pays any attention to footsteps unless it's the last thief alive and noone has seen him for over five minutes. It also sucked at luring AI, because you never knew what the hearing radius would be and if the guard heard it.

In short:

Visual decoy > Audio decoy

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy
                            LR: I said "a footstep sound", not "_the_ footstep sound". To be effective, it would have to make the thief footstep noise appropriate to the type of ground it's on, and not make a rapid series of them. Perhaps just one or 2 steps, separated by a random couple second interval.
                            LOL! I'm just poking fun at you, "Bitchslappy"!

Comment

The decoys do go invis, ive wasted many a banked loot doing that. Theyre fun to use though
                              *Leader of the 56k rebellion*
                              *Slowing down cable and DSL users, everywhere*

LikitaRenn:"I wanna be added to as many people's sigs as will add me to... their.. sigs.. um.. something..."

Comment

Working...
                              X