New bot intelligence options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bot intelligence options.

It would be cool to have a tab in the server menu with the name AI.
    In this tab you would be able to set some of the AI's atributes to the 5 possible levels we have now.

Benny - Stupid - Normal - Clever - Genius.
    (changes would affect all the guards, and not just indevidual ones)

This would be represented with a slider, much like the original UT.

These attributes would be.

AIM (how good an AI can aim his ranged weapons)

VISION (how good an AI can see you from a distance)

HEARING (how good an AI can hear suspicious sounds)

REFLEXES (how long it takes before the AI attacks you after it sees you)

ATTENTION (how long it will take for the AI to give up looking for you, and how fast he will rise in suspicion)

SUSPICION (What will raise a guards suspicion level (doused torches, bloody footsteps, etc.) and how much it raises it).

And offcourse the other checkbox options (run around when flashed, wake up frob, etc.)

This way, you could create really fast, paranoid AI guards, or AI who are the equivalent of hungover guards after a party.
    Maybe also include an option to let the guards fall asleep when they havn't seen anything suspicious for a loooong time.

i like.

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill
      i like.

Ditto.
      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
      "Dream is Destiny"
      Waking Life

Comment

Interesting...

Comment

Interesting indeed…

Comment

OOO OOO! Sounds very Object orientated!

A good idea, then different guards could have different attributes, so there could be drunk guards, or jump ones with wimpy french voices!

oOOOooooh i'm so political!
            ~TuF~

Comment

Me likey!

Although I'd rather see it as an option available to mappers and not server admins. That way you could make some of the guards drunk/hungover/heroic etc.
              One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
              -
              The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I like this idea.

There are some behaviors that are good about the Genius AI (like how they act when something suspicious happens), but they are rendered unusable by their godlike night-vision and aiming capabilities. So we have to bump it down to Clever, which doesn't have the godlike abilities, but also loses some of the smarter behavior.

This idea would fix that. I like.

I think it should be available to mappers as well, but server admins should have the ability to override it.

Comment

Me likey this idea too.

:grin:

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                  even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                  of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Just make chicken AI that flee when taking the slightest damage :>
                    (it's already possible , there's a value for coward behavior)

Don't forget to include speed and strength (melee slash rate)

Comment

Most of those settings are already available to mappers...

But it would be cool if there was sliders to adjust every bots behaviour accordingly.
                      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

It's unlikely that I'll implement something like this as server options, as you'd get all kinds of crazy configs when you joined different servers. It's something I'd rather leave up to the mapper, and to that end the bots have been made fairly configurable on an individual basis.

Splitting the skills up into individual options is a good idea, however at such a late stage in development it might be too much work to implement, especially with other, more pressing problems to deal with.
                        AI Programmer,
                        Thievery UT

Comment

Originally posted by ElJoelio
                          Splitting the skills up into individual options is a good idea, however at such a late stage in development it might be too much work to implement, especially with other, more pressing problems to deal with.
                          LOL..umm... I think this is the MOST pressing problem that everyone in the community has with 1.3. That and the "super fast weapon switching" the AI has. Which I think fixing the latter problem would be a means to an end of the uber aim and sight. If a guard showed his alerted stage before shooting, rather than you being shot twice before a normal human could pull the xbow out.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                            LOL..umm... I think this is the MOST pressing problem that everyone in the community has with 1.3.
                            No. You are wrong, simply put. This problem can be dealt with thorugh server configuration. Some other more drastic problems in 1.3 cannot.

Comment

The 'problem' is the lack of delay between AI weapon switching. That cannot be fixed through server options. It can be "dumbed" down by changing a few server options.. but that doesnt 'fix' the problem. The best circumvent method is to manually change the
                              AISkill=
                              section of ThieveryMod.ini to somewhere between the Normal and the clever settings. Normal is .5 and clever is .75. Somewhere about .69 makes things a little more natural, but there are still occasional AI mishaps.

Water stutter and the vent standing bug are important as well, but take away less fun from gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                              X