Crash Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Bug

Ok, I have been dealing with this bug since 1.3s release. I haven't posted anything on it because I wanted to make sure of a few things. Here goes:

Playing a thief, I may be sniping a guard. As soon as he charges me, I am on the ground, he shoots me with his xbow. Then when he gets close enough, he pulls his mace. Bam. Freeze.

This has happened more than once. In fact, it has happened over 20 times to me already, on several different maps, in MP as well as SP. It only happens when they get right up to you and start to swing. They don't even get the first swing in, however before it crashes.

This is just a clue, I have NO idea what would be the cause, but it lets you know where to look.
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

This has started happening to me as of version 1.3. So far, only in single player. Exact same circumstances you described.

I think it's a plot against CTG!!

Comment

You sure it's not the pause you get sometimes when you die?

I know that's patronising if you know what I'm talking about but if you don't then it probably explains your problem.
      One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
      -
      The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

No, it's not, Chainsaws. It's a crash to desktop with a lengthy error message. Next time, I'll take note of the full message and post it.

Comment

Take a screenie of it. (ALT + PRT SCR) I'm suspicious of 1.3 and a few new crashes as well.
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Yah, take a screeny please. If possible, could you please send me Thievery.log, found in your System Folder? Both of these things will help me fix the problem.
            AI Programmer,
            Thievery UT

Comment

oh yes.. email address...

[email protected]
              AI Programmer,
              Thievery UT

Comment

Want me to do it next time it happens, cause it's been a bit. Or do you just want me to send it to you now?
                Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                "Dream is Destiny"
                Waking Life

Comment

here it is, on korman, had my bow out when it happened. same circumstances as described above.

Comment

I cracked an AI, ran at him with the sword, he turned around, *crash*.

I guess the AI couldn't stand the thought of me swording it.

(This was in a Solo Game)

Comment

I have the same problem. First try at Solo Play today in Aquatone while I was trying to taff the keys in Security. Bots were set to clever.

Here's what I got:
                      Critical Error:

TKnight TH-AquatonePatch. TKnight7(Function ThieveryAI.TBot.RangedAttack.BeginState:002F)Asser tion failed, line 13211

History: FFrame::Serialize <-UObject:rocessEvent<-TKnight TH-AquatonePatch.TKnight7, FunctionThieveryAI.TBot.RangedAttack.BeginState) <-UObject::GotoState<UObject:rocessEvent<-(ThProjectileBroadheadArrow TH-AquatonePatch.ThProjectileBroadheadArrow3, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch)<-TouchTo<-AActor::BeginTouch<-ULevel::MoveActor<-AActor::physFalling<-AActor::perforPhysics<-AActor::Tick<-TickAllActors<-ULevel::Tick<-(NetMode=0)<-TickLevel<-UGameEngine::Tick<-UdateWorld<-MainLoop

Vesper :cry:

Comment

Does anyone have that but it happens when you switch maps sometimes??
                        The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

Thanks people, I'll fix it ASAP. No date on the next patch, but I'll have a chat to Dalai about it.
                          AI Programmer,
                          Thievery UT

Comment

So, non-commital, do you think that we *could* be seeing a kinda 1.3.1 patch at some point?

I'm sorry for pushing because you guys have done a great job on this I'm lovin' 1.3 the more I play it! But in your opinion is this something, and along with the other minor bug fixes, is this something that would warrent a patch to fix them?
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by TheMachine
                              So, non-commital, do you think that we *could* be seeing a kinda 1.3.1 patch at some point?
                              I really, really hope so.

Seems that we get these crashes, and there is an other serious bug we need to get rid of.
                              Lets hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                              X