Visibility & Proximity to Walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visibility & Proximity to Walls

Just a quickie, in the Thief games, you became less visible if you were standing next to walls, as opposed to being out in the open. Does anyone think that this modifier would have a place in Thievery?

Suggested Implementation:

Attach an extra, invisible object to all thieves, with a slighter wider collision cylinder than that of thieves (however, this cylinder shouldn't block any actors/pawns). Every 0.5 seconds, check if this cylinder is colliding with the world (I forget the event name) & if this is true, then reduce thief visibility by 5%-10% (We'll have to decide what amount is ).

As you can see, this isn't very complex to implement & so it boils down to whether people think it has a place in thievery or not. I miss it since it makes rational sense visibility-wise.

Interesting idea, i'm curious what other people think of it.

Comment

yeah, that sounds fun... that always was an interesting part about the thief system.

Comment

Something Else about the theif system, something quite subtle i'm not sure if anybody else noticed.

When you were crouched in theif your body, the actual theif model took up more space on a horizontal plane, and less on the vertical (makes sense)

and when you stood up, you took up less space on a horizontal plane, and more on the vertical....

....so what the hell am I implying?!...

..well...

I know there has been much complaining at shadow slashing, and guard just running into shadows "feeling" :wink:

So, taking Dan's suggestion into consideration, how about if your stood against a wall you take up less space, thus making it harder to "feel" you. I'm not suggesting anything splinter cellish or metal gear solid, thats too fiddly.
        ~TuF~

Comment

Ohh, how about scaling walls and hanging from the ceiling. Add a spikey tail and a deadly tongue too!

That would be so cool.

Aliens vs. Predator vs. Guards.

Guess who're gonna get creamed. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
            Ohh, how about scaling walls and hanging from the ceiling. Add a spikey tail and a deadly tongue too!

That would be so cool.

Erm... Both the aliens and the predators?...

Ceiling climbing aliens and invisible predators... A few firebolts and theyre toast.
            "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody-Reaper

That would be so cool.

Erm... Both the aliens and the predators?...

Ceiling climbing aliens and invisible predators... A few firebolts and theyre toast.
              Yeah, especially with the new guard AI. It's just overkill.

Comment

The aliens got mad speed and reflexes, they can dodge bullets, so bolts are a joke to them. As for firebolts... it's like trying to hit a fly with a slingshot.
                Plus, like thieves, they also have a onehit kill weapon (thier tongue)... yet they don't need to get behind them to use it.
                When they die, they spray acid all over the place, killing all melee attackers.

The predator is fast and invisible (not depending on light and they're impervious to fire, so no go with firearrows), so no AI would ever see them coming, their speargun is a longrange instakill weapon and the plasmacaster is a heatseeking, autotargeting, instakill weapon.

The guards, uhm... they got maces? (woohoo! :roll: )

Comment

The aliens got mad speed and reflexes, they can dodge bullets, so bolts are a joke to them. As for firebolts... it's like trying to hit a fly with a slingshot.
                  It's more like trying to hit a fly with a paper airplane. But, these are the 1.3 AI we're talking about. They can hit ANYTHING, even if they can't see it!

Comment

I'm glad to see we're using this forum for important and relevant discussion
                    {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
                    Contact details updated
                    I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy
                      I'm glad to see we're using this forum for important and relevant discussion
                      Yep.

So, do you think pastel blues will be in thie spring, or pastel yellows?

Comment

Yellow is this years spring color LR. Don't you watch Oprah!?
                        Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                        "Dream is Destiny"
                        Waking Life

Comment

Oprah's no fashion queen. You should check out Martha Stewart's latest crafts - they'll give you the hot colours for this coming season.
                          {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
                          Contact details updated
                          I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

I never said she was a fashion queen. I am saying, however, that she always has people on her show that do. And yes, Marths Stewart does have more knowledge than Oprah, but it's gonna be kinda hard for her to show that from behind bars.
                            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

I like the idea, The_Dan!
                              JM

Comment

Working...
                              X