ATTN DEVELOPERS: List of bugs in prioritized order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN DEVELOPERS: List of bugs in prioritized order

With all the bug posts being made all over the place, I think we need one spot for Dev's to come look at all the MAJOR problems that are scattered about the forum. So here is a list I've made based on all the bugs I could find about 1.3 from the posts in the most common sense order of priority I could think of. Not everyone will agree with the order, but the purpose of this post is to make sure devs know of all the major problems.

If you have other major issues not listed here, please PM me and I will add it to the list

I have included the direct link to the detailed post of each problem.

1. Game Crashes when AI runs and smashes you with the mace, usually in Solo mode. FULL DETAILS

2. Water-stutter when falling into water in the crouched position. FULL DETAILS

3. AI weapon switching needs a delay similar to the delay humans have between switching weapons. This may omit the need to turn down AI skills. FULL DETAILS

4. Visibility Gem and percentage doesn't always tell the truth. FULL DETAILS

5. Scouting Orb Zombie - I don't know this one, but I hear the devs know about it already and its on the hush hush. Ask Radamanthus for more details.

6. Ability to stand in vents, run, then crouch and it teleports you back. FULL DETAILS

REMEMBER: If you have other major issues not listed here, please PM me and I will add it to the list, don't add your own, just makes things confusing.

Minor issues are not included in this list. Things like Supply chest is too vulnerable, and standing up while reading a book are minor and don't affect overall game play too much. You can find minor issues in other bug posts like this one, this post is for MAJOR 'need-fix-now' bugs.

I could PM you, but I'm a lazy-guy & the following bug only really affects people who are planning to do custom scripting in Thievery:

7. Subclassing an inventory item/weapon means that it will longer respond to keybind for its parent class. I've emailed Dalai about this one, but incase people don't understand what I'm saying: it basically means that if people want to create custom inventory items/arrows/weapons, in some cases you won't actually be able to select the weapons/items at all, & so won't be able to use them.

Also, I may aswell mention:

8. In aquatone, two of the standard swinging-doors play the "Closed" sound effect at the wrong time. They play the door-shutting sound when you first start to close the door, as opposed to when they actually reach their 'closed' position. The two doors are the cold-food-storage/kitchen door & the lounge/library door. It's not major, but it became pretty annoying once I had first noticed it.

Comment

9. Door bugs. Floating doorknobs, partial door invisibility, total door invisibility. It's an aesthetic bug that does not effect gameplay (unless you smack into a closed invisible door), but it's fairly obvious.

I didn't mean to clutter this nice thread. Hope it doesn't get polluted.
      "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
        9. Door bugs. Floating doorknobs, partial door invisibility, total door invisibility. It's an aesthetic bug that does not effect gameplay (unless you smack into a closed invisible door), but it's fairly obvious.
        Door invisibility is caused by BSP-holes in the map, it's a map-problem, not a Thievery-problem.

Comment

PLEASE don't let that scouting orb bug get out.
          The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Regarding The_Dan's dismissal of Buho's "invisible door" bug -

I've seen this several times. The door isn't ALWAYS invisible. Last night, one of the Korman church main doors was invisible. As soon as it started to open, it became visible, and once it was closed, it remained visible.

One time on Bourgeois, the library-to-stairs door was partly invisible - that is, most of it was normal, but a vertical strip about a quarter of the door's width was invisible. Other times, that door has appeared normal.

What I'm saying is that I don't think The_Dan's explanation would cover this - if the map has a BSP hole, wouldn't the door ALWAYS be invisible (a la the invisible door in TH-Bafford)?

Comment

This is what i tried to avoid, i said MAJOR bug... floating door knobs is not major nor does it affect gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
                This is what i tried to avoid, i said MAJOR bug... floating door knobs is not major nor does it affect gameplay.
                They do affect gameplay, although they aren't major.
                Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappy
                  What I'm saying is that I don't think The_Dan's explanation would cover this - if the map has a BSP hole, wouldn't the door ALWAYS be invisible (a la the invisible door in TH-Bafford)?
                  Oh, I've never experienced that myself.

Whenever I've had invisible doors/walls, I've always been able to replicate them easily in the same spot, leading me to believe that they are BSP-related.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
                    floating doorknob has never stopped me. I walk thru it and it dissappears

Comment

Originally posted by Salvage
                      floating doorknob has never stopped me. I walk thru it and it dissappears
                      The invisible doors they're attached to have stopped me a number of times.
                      Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

hmm..never seen an invisible door... i guess that can be a little more gameplay taxing.

Comment

I just got the inviso door soloing Korman. The front left (from outside) door was partially invisible. That would bite the big one if someone was hiding there.

Kiech
                          Kiech

Comment

hmm..never seen an invisible door....
                            But then again, how could you?

Comment

I think what is causing the inviso-door problem is simple gamestate replication problems. The game client gets slightly de-synched from the server and "forgets" what state the door is in, making it dissapear or appear to be open (or closed) when it isn't. This also affects any objects attached to the door, hence the floating doorknobs. I get this problem almost constantly with the elevator in Th-Spider.

Comment

Working...
                              X