Thief Voice Packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief Voice Packs

The guards got some new voice packs in the last patch, how about osme new ones for the thieves? Maybe one could be called "Kermit", and have a song in it....

[sing] "It's not easy, being seen..." [/sing]

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    [sing] "It's not easy, being seen..." [/sing]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though... the teefs need new voices. The current one makes me think of a fat guy in a cloak at some kind of video game convention pretending to be Garrett.
    "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
    -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

Anybody remember that old Voice thread back at TTLG? I think we had some good suggestions there. I still want to see a Marco Polo one...
      TCO – Retired
      Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

while we're making new voice packs, can we have a cooler model too pls?

Comment

I want a "POO ON A STICK!" one... and a "OMG JOO SO 1337 JOO |-|4XXOR |\/|Y B0XX3R5!" and a "LAAAAAAAAG!" taunt.
          The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

There should be a "Damn shadowslashers.." one, and probably one for flarescanners too.

Comment

Well why dont we get off out lazy asses and make some voice packs! they could be included in the next patch (as long as they are good, authentic, non-profanity filled)

Thwark posted the format in another thread, I think its mono 22050hz (so the voices aren't too big)

I don't think this will make the mod slow down as such, but will increase teh file size and memory useage.
              ~TuF~

Comment

I actually tried to record some stuff in the studio last time I was drunk.
                Funny as hell.

Can you people make up some things the thieves can say?
                I'll make a list here, and try to make a package next time I'm drinking. Thing is that I can say and pronounce english much better when influenced by alcohol.

LIST!!
                • Hey guard.. Wanna test my blackjack?
                • Damn those Firespammers/FlareScanners/Shadowslashers
                • BOO! - (must be REALLY LOUD, i wanna be able to scare guards!)
                • I'll take these - (Good for post blackjack potion picking)
                • COUGH,COUGH - (Good for covering up another noise like a bow cocking)
                • (Owl whistle) - (or other animal noises for theif signaling)

I'll add cool things to that list, so start using those brains people!

Comment

Ok here goes...
                  • Damn those Firespammers/FlareScanners/Shadowslashers
                  • BOO! - (must be REALLY LOUD, i wanna be able to scare guards!)
                  • I'll take these - (Good for post blackjack potion picking)
                  • COUGH,COUGH - (Good for covering up another noise like a bow cocking)
                  • (Owl whistle) - (or other animal noises for theif signaling)

All i can think of at the mo!
                  ~TuF~

Comment

The current thief voicepack sounds like Butthead with a headcold. I imagine Butthead wearing a cloak and chuckling about a BJ.

"Hhhuh huh. He said BJ."

Thief voicepacks = good. Honestly, I'd like to see 4+ voicepacks (one voiceactor per pack) for thieves & guards. That way, it would entice variety and identity recognition, similar to custom skins and avatars.

Why doesn't someone dig up that old thread instead of making a new one? That last one had great ideas!

One word of advice: don't get nutz with the voices. After all, we don't need 10+ "hidden" taunts and no normal ones. It's my impression that the three hidden guard taunts were just outtakes from practicing the normal ones.

on "Boo!" Very useful.
                    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha-Omega
                      while we're making new voice packs, can we have a cooler model too pls?
                      yes cooler model...the one now looks like hes in a leather jump suit.....i have one that i got at the geoshittiesness

Comment

The current thief looks nice, but it has a little too few polygons, making it look all square... I reckon a modified version of UT's necris models would look really cool for a thief... Plus there's also female necris models.

Only thing that'd need changing are the skins.

Comment

about the thief voices ... I agree. They need better ones.

Allthough it sounds more like guard taunts, maby this can be used? ( actualy .. it's a joke. The reason i made it was fun, and not to use it )

http://members.chello.nl/j.roukema/turnaround.wav

( maby when a guard din't see you yet, and say this before you bj ? it's almost the same as the guards one though :p )

http://members.chello.nl/j.roukema/notfinished.wav

( Poor guards always run away from you, say this when he flees )

http://members.chello.nl/j.roukema/brokennail.wav

( Just something funney :p )

http://members.chello.nl/j.roukema/owlcall.wav

( Your owl call thing :p )
                          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                            The current thief looks nice, but it has a little too few polygons, making it look all square... I reckon a modified version of UT's necris models would look really cool for a thief... Plus there's also female necris models.

Only thing that'd need changing are the skins.
                            Those models have these odd backpacks with antennae, though. They'd have to be modified. They're also really pretty buff....

I like the preliminary shots someone posted way back on the TTLG forum of some new thief models Be nice to see those implemented.

Comment

Erh... those might need some more work Phae....
                              And they sound way to guardish...
                              "There's no problem that can't be solved with a big crate!"

Comment

Working...
                              X