Loadout W.O.R.M.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loadout W.O.R.M.

Right, for those of you that haven't heard of it, W.O.R.M. is a user-mod for Unreal Tournament that basically allows you to mix & match weapons from different mods. You refer to the weapons by "package.class" format & choose what weapon slot they should all go in.

What I'd like to see is a loadout variant, with two main functions:

-Choose exactly what equipment thieves/guards start with, without having to rescript the ThieveryGameSettings actor in the current level

-Choose what items to display in the ThieveryShops, again without having to modify those placed within the level

Now, I've been thinking this over a lot, recently, & I do believe that I would stand a fair chance of being able to script this potential add-on for Thievery myself. However, Loadout W.O.R.M. would probably be implemented as a mutator (like the orginal W.O.R.M.), & so once again I need to beg the dev's:
    PLEASE PUT MUTATOR SUPPORT INTO THIEVERY

Incase you're wondering why I'm so bothered about changing loadouts, I'm planning to start scripting some custom inventory items & a Loadout W.O.R.M sounds like theoertically the best way to add them to existing levels. This would also allow servers to customise gameplay on their server, & allow for more customisation into guild-matches (ghost-matches could be enforced, if the need arose). Also, single-player would be less restricted & so players could get an increased replayability value.

So what's everyone think of the idea?

Originally posted by The_Dan
    It's in in 1.3.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
      It's in in 1.3.
      Where?

I was actually referring to the normal mix-and-match compatiblity that UT has, as opposed to the methods of embedding a mutator in a map or having to start from command line (it's kindof inconvenient). All I'd like is the little mutator window that UT has, preferably working on some mutator subclass.

Comment

On a further note, what is the command line for running a game with several mutators at once in play?

Comment

Maybe "runwithseveralmutatorsatonce -MUTATOR1 -MUTATOR2 -MUTATOR3 etc."?

Comment

Mutators are where?! How would I turn on Slv2 for everyone without admin pass?

Comment

Is it possible to run a low gravity mutator on a thievery server? This would be great with the SLV2 rockets!

Comment

Tut-Tut LR, you've got them all excited now :|

I keep thinking there must some kind of console command to add a mutator to the current game list, but I haven't a clue what it is.

Comment

Somehow Sneaky succeeded in setting a server up with thievery on UT1 maps... for now it's just teamgame (thieves vs guards but with no obj) , it would be great to have the AS game type compatible with thievery

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
                    Somehow Sneaky succeeded in setting a server up with thievery on UT1 maps... for now it's just teamgame (thieves vs guards but with no obj) , it would be great to have the AS game type compatible with thievery
                    I think that you can play a UT map in thievery by just moveing the map
                    from the UT maps folder to Thievery maps folder. but it would just be
                    like playing UT with thievery weapons, no obj etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostly apparition
                      Originally posted by Stakhanov
                      I think that you can play a UT map in thievery by just moveing the map
                      from the UT maps folder to Thievery maps folder. but it would just be
                      like playing UT with thievery weapons, no obj etc.
                      Haven't tried it, but I bet you have to change the prefix to "TH-" from "DM-" or "CTF-" or whatever.

Comment

Haven't tried it, but I bet you have to change the prefix to "TH-" from "DM-" or "CTF-" or whatever.
                        Prolly, I've tried

"callvote changemap dm-morpheus"

before, to little success

Comment

As far as i know you can't change the name to TH- because the other players wouldn't have this map and would have to redownload it. Moving a UT map into the TUT folder doesn't work either. Change map or next map votes do not work. The only way I know to play UT maps in TUT is to login as admin and use the command: admin servertravel <map name>. This works on dedicated servers as well as on listen servers and can accept any map type such as DM, CTF, AS, etc. If it is a listen server and it is hosted on your computer you can simply type: open <mapname> and it works the same as the above command.

Comment

I have tried it: ya do for some maps, but not for others. Wierd

make single-player mutators ans well as online mutators, PLEEZ!
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Prolly, I've tried

"callvote changemap dm-morpheus"

before, to little success
                              LOL! I've played dm-peek with thievery on internet... Man, That was strange... And all rats had super shockrifle...
                              hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

Working...
                              X