Server dropping issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server dropping issue

You know its happened to you. I would be hard-pressed to believe it hasn't happened to ANYONE who plays this game regularly. And sometimes when it happens, it can spoil the entire match or even leave a soiled taste in someones mouth.

My proposal: Allow servers to watch for dropped players. OK, now how to possibly make this work without having to listen about the new-fangled strategy of 'dropping on purpose just before the guard whacks me' bit?

When a player DOESN'T die, and simply becomes disconnected, he is considered KOed, and follows typical KO rules. For guards this would be fairly simple. For thieves, they would have a special server setting of possibly 5 minutes, then returned to the 'life' pool. No equipment/loot would drop, yet loot would respawn normally.

This would end most of the foul language you hear when connections go bad.

As a side possibility, the 'dropped' player would be 'remembered' by the server, and forced into the same team they were in before. A possible time wait could also be imposed of perhaps 5 min. The only way we have of really doing that right now is through the users name or perhaps IP...which are fairly easy to change, so may not be prudent. I would personally like to see some sort of registration number for each of us...but again those can be cumbersome and changed.

Any comments are welcome.

Kiech
    www.thecrackaz.com
    Kiech

IP would work. Only a dialup player is going to be changing his IP in 5 minutes, and it's more of a hassle than it'd be worth just to change teams. Even that could be eliminated by shortening the time to 1-2 minutes.

Comment

Working...
    X