Thievery 2010 and beyond!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery 2010 and beyond!

The bloom mod, is awesome, may have a crack arrow issue, however don't let that put you off testing this. Simple as (on/off) being able to switch renderers in tuts video options, makes it an ease to rectify if you encounter anything undesired.

Installed v1.1 and v1.2 (the effect was on, when I started up tut without adjusting video options, could see that just looking at the title screen straight after install) exited and switched to "direct3d9" (bloom is default with this renderer, works as expected, effect was on) switched back to "direct3dsupport" bloom was gone.
    So we have two visions for Thievery possible (also works for Deus Ex possibly).

Now, I need a new monitor, a widescreen one in fact for Thieveryut widescreen, by the looks of things ut99's utx's (textures) have had an update if I'm not mistaken, you know the ones some of the Thievery maps use.

I can't find the texture pack, you may get rejected by a tut server (missmatch). Also widscreen, inputing a custom resolution? but in which ini or do we need a patch, anyone?

So 2010 I'll be around, nice to see you online Lurox!

When using the bloom mod, Shift+Enter removes the following

"f1 temp f2 temp f3 temp f4 temp" in green text that covers the text area on top of the screen, Bit annoying we know, but thats all it takes to clear it up.

quick scan

http://www.unrealtexture.com/UT/Webs...allationUT.htm

Comment

Hopefully this is not an repost but Projected Shadows might be based on RUNE src (Rune was Third Person VIking action using modified UT 420 or 432 not sure now core), Rune game used among additional projected shadows and because its src can be digged out form the depths of internet it might be wise to preserve this feature (of which UT is capable but was never implemented...)

BTW the bump maps need refining these have to be less "agressive and more subtle" too much of bumpmapping add a "plastic" look to the textures but little less does the trick.
      Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...

Comment

That bloom mod never worked for me, UT crashed on startup init whilst the custom direct3d dll was in the folder at all. if you have any ideas how to fix then please send them my way.

although from the screenshots that alexxx posted on tomcats forum it looks SERIOUSLY ugly though and more for coooo rather than actual playability...

Custom resolutions are easy, either use the inifile, or better yet, add them into your windows registry as custom resolutions (i have added for example 1366x768 and 1137x640 for gaming widescreen on a crappy laptop)

into

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Video\{Hex depends on Card}\DALNonStandardModesBCD1

as REG_BINARY (ie, [email protected] would be 06 40 03 20 00 00 60)

they should then be available for UT, UT3, Source Engine games, and any engine that doesnt hardcode its resolution settings
        Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

I do not know, but my instalation of Thievery and UT (on Win XP sp3, Ati 4870 using ati drivers but ati tray tools suite instead of ati catalist) knows the 16:9 resolutions and big resolutions and I am capable of setting these resolutions via the UT/TUT graphics option menu... (I have had forgoten to say I am using the "original" 436 D3D renderer library)

From my point of view this is more likely problem of graphics drivers and/or their proper registering in windows registry as necros wrote above...
          Mappers do thier hard work for other people (game players namely), but if none of these other people give them feedback, there is no power to do what have to be done.

Be kind to Your mappers because they are doing it for You and give them hope...

Comment

usually the only widescreen resoltuions available are 1280x720, 1920x1080 and your monitor's native resolution. and playing at massively high res on a laptop makes my graphics card (HD 4570) scream and cry. haha.

But yeah, anybody else been able to get this bloom thing to work on an ATI HD 4xxx card?
            Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Anyone have a screenshot or video of Thievery with the bloom mod on?

Comment

This is alex thread over at the Tomcats forums:
                http://thievery.ovh.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86

Yesterday he posted a link to a OpenGL driver too I think.

I got screenies of most of the maps lying around too but I think it would be too much for posting, but I could zip it.

Edit: As a small side note, masked textures didn't work for me but it could be just a setting. There's a good chance that Alex got it running.
                [E.D.G] Trapmaster - Doomsayer
                Brush scaling by 0.5325662468842 and still going

Comment

If there's an OpenGL version of this i would be interseted in trying it...
                  as i said the overriding d3d9.dll just crashes my thievery on load :| (that is the replacement d3d dll, not the d3d9 driver, that works fine, and ive used it for YEARS)

Reminds me of playing Darkened Enlightenment on nightblade...

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai View Post
                    Anyone have a screenshot or video of Thievery with the bloom mod on?

http://thievery.ovh.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158
                    There you go Dalai.

I've had it running on a 24" at 1920x1200 using d3d9, not completely stable, it was complaining about mipmaps (crash error) open gl drivers no problem (apart from the sky using the one linked in this thread), but thats without bloom their just stable for high resolution, not that they look as good as d3d.

Comment

Thanks, looks pretty cool!

Comment

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=314456

UT99 dx10 renderer is in the first post of the forum linked, perhaps more stable than what alex the kid has linked, can you run bump with it somehow?, don't ask me I got to go work lol.

Comment

for me, this renderer is to dark in TUT, in UT it looked good so far.

Comment

You know on the polish forums you mentioned drivers as a culprit for issues with bump mapping in TUT and so on, I haven't ruled this out yet, I'm on windows 7 32 bit now... so there wont be as many nvidia drivers as xp, but maybe out of the 3 drivers of various dates downloaded there may be one that works flawlessly with bump mapping like before on xp! I'll have to do some trial and error tonight.

Thx Alex see you in game a lot more hopefully, ndo you know if anything like bump mapping is possible with this dx10 renderer?

Comment

only if you can code, or dude from enbseries gona release dx10 renderer by himself.

Comment

Working...
                              X