can't connect to any online games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't connect to any online games

when i try to get the server list, it says that it couldn't resolve the hose master0.gamespy.com, and when i try to connect to the chatroom, it says the same thing, which leads me to believe that the program isn't accessing my connection or something.

i'm on xp, and i'm connected to a router through a hub and firewall. i checked the settings on all three, and none of them are so restrictive as to block all UDP ports trying to send outgoing traffic. i even put thievery.exe and ut.exe as programs with all network priveleges, and it still won't connect.

is there something i'm missing? O_o

ty

Do you have all of the updates and patches for the game? Same version, IOW.
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

Comment

You should get the chat room no matter what version you have, since its just an irc client after all. But definatley make sure you have v436 of UT first, and the 1.3 version of Thievery.

Kiech
      www.thecrackaz.com
      Kiech

Comment

i have v436 of UT and 1.3 of thievery, though in my start menu it's still listed as 1.2. i guess that's an unrelated weirdness...

Comment

Sounds like 1.3 didn't take properly. I would suggest a clean install of UT and TUT. Do you have other mods installed? That could be part of the problem, TUT is a very intense upgrade.

Kiech
          www.thecrackaz.com
          Kiech

Comment

Make sure you didn't put anything in the wrong folder as well. Keep everythingin the "Thievery" folder in Unreal Tournament.

Just wondering, you aren't trying to use TUT with UT2k3 are you? TUT is only compatible with standard UT or UT GOTY.
            "Dream is Destiny"
            Waking Life

Comment

lol @ trying to use it with ut2k3...

i have quite a few mods installed, a lot of big downloads that i'm not too keen on redownloading so i can do a complete reinstall (things like operation na pali)... i've installed every patch into my unreal tournament directory in the proper order, so everything should be in the right directories =\

what should be in my thiever directory? i have four folders. th-maps, th-music, th-sounds, and th-textures. the umod file's in the UT system directory.

Comment

.......DALAI!!!

.....or someone else with more knowledge than I.
                "Dream is Destiny"
                Waking Life

Comment

Check to make sure that neither your firewall nor router are blocking traffic on port 27900. That's the master server query port. If it's blocked you won't be seeing any online servers that aren't already in your favorites. I think it only needs to be open to UDP, but if it is and it's still not working, open TCP as well, and check.

Comment

i set my firewall to allow all traffic on the UDP and TCP 27900 ports. still doesnt work :\

Comment

Hit your computer with a stick.
                      I'm cool!

Comment

Originally posted by got fox?
                        i set my firewall to allow all traffic on the UDP and TCP 27900 ports. still doesnt work :\
                        Hit Megadud with a stick.

No, try running a traceroute to this IP: 204.194.108.230 - and tell me where it stops.

Comment

how do i do that?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                            Hit Megadud with a stick.

No, try running a traceroute to this IP: 204.194.108.230 - and tell me where it stops.
                            how do i do that?

LR, you have to realise that people like us have to be shown how to do these things...
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

Open the command prompt(somewhere in the start menu, I think under accessories), then enter

tracert 204.194.108.230

and hit enter.
                              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Working...
                              X