Lockpick Decoy Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockpick Decoy Arrow

Instead of reducing the lockpick sound, how about a decoy arrow that makes lockpicking sounds? It would distract both AI and Human players.

I don't know if that would work out or not.

I usually wait until there's no guards around before I lockpick anything.

*shrugs*

But that's just me.
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
    even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
    of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Has anyone attempted to furiously lockpick a door while a crazed guard is barreling down on you, hoping that if you can lockpick it fast enough, you can escape?

Interesting idea. We already have a decoy arrow though. Where would this arrow go?
      "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
        Has anyone attempted to furiously lockpick a door while a crazed guard is barreling down on you, hoping that if you can lockpick it fast enough, you can escape?
        Only once... But once the guard caught me, I gave up on the door and shot him point-blank with a crack arrow...
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Well, one arrow to make lockpick sounds? Nah. I don't feel the need at all. It would have been much better to make lockpick sounds more quieter, and make the sound stop exactly when you stop lockpicking, not continue for 3 seconds... I've been cought more than ones cause of that (reported) 'bug'.

Comment

Actually, if the AI ever hears someone lockpicking, then I will know its not a real thief...since AI can't hear you picking locks.

Kiech
            www.thecrackaz.com
            Kiech

Comment

I think the decoy arrow should have selectable fake sounds and models. Like lockpicking / footsteps / bow creaking... and thief/guard/spider models or even a corpse.

Comment

Or just random?
                Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

nah not random but you should be able to buy a decoy of several models ie a AI guard a thief a rat and asortment of traps
                  An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

And then you spend 2 minutes running trough menus till you got the right arrow...

Comment

Rather than getting a new "decoy" weapon, I would prefer that the sound of the lockpicks not carry so far. But this is a problem with Thievery sounds generally and there does not seem to be much support for addressing it.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeJay
                        Rather than getting a new "decoy" weapon, I would prefer that the sound of the lockpicks not carry so far. But this is a problem with Thievery sounds generally and there does not seem to be much support for addressing it.

I would just prefer t make an option to make lock-picking slower or faster, using the speed controls as the options for speed.

Slow (creep) = no sound

Normal = normal sound, but less than now.

Fast = loud, more possibilty for LPs to break.

Yes, I know this idea has come up before; I'm just stating my thoughts.
                        Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                        "Dream is Destiny"
                        Waking Life

Comment

I had a great game on Korman, where Mord chased me to one of the locked side church doors, I threw a flashie at him and he stopped in the archway, blocking my exit, so I turned around and started lockpicking the door.

Luckily, I had 5 flashies, so was able to keep him stunned until I lockpicked the door and ran off!

Comment

Dalai, it's times like that when it's better to use
                            instead of wasting 5 flash 8)
                            Nightwarden,
                            .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                            - "Earth dons the red; calls the maggots."

Comment

[quote="Buho"]Has anyone attempted to furiously lockpick a door while a crazed guard is barreling down on you, hoping that if you can lockpick it fast enough, you can escape?
                              quote]

Quite a bit actually. But im not a proffesional taffer...
                              Bite the bolt, taffer!

Comment

Working...
                              X