Radar... For levels without maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar... For levels without maps

I was thinking a bit about a radar for levels without proper maps. Like the one in Thiefmatch, except showing the direction of team mates. Perhaps only when they say something. And obviously the chest too.

kthxbye

OMG!! Cheater!!

Comment

Band.
      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
      "Dream is Destiny"
      Waking Life

Comment

?

If you didn't notice, this was posted in the "Bug Reports & Suggestions" board. [emphasis mine]

Comment

Don't take it too hard Jocke. These guys are just saying that they don't like your idea. Take it with a grain of salt. I am personaly not into your idea either, since that would give guards an even greater range of vision then they have now...which is not good for sneaking thieves.

Keep up the ideas though, not all will be tarred and feathered.

Kiech
          Salty Pimp
          www.thecrackaz.com
          Kiech

Comment

Notice how he says Teammates and Chest only.

Personally, I think that's a great idea.

Comment

yeah, but it would have to in an official update otherwise it would just cause a ton of whining since people who don't like it won't use it and would regard it as a hack.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocke
                If you didn't notice, this was posted in the "Bug Reports & Suggestions" board. [emphasis mine]
                LOL! Jocke, I was just joking! It's actually not a bad idea, but getting sketchmaps into all the existing maps is still a better idea.

Comment

Yeah, I was just picking because you mentioned a radar and I was going along with LR. Sketchmaps are needed in several maps as well as locations of teammates and the chest.
                  Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                  "Dream is Destiny"
                  Waking Life

Comment

The maps now are fine as is, if you use it its helpful and its not enforced or there to start (you gotta click it open) which is the best way to implement something.
                    How TuF are you?
                    League of Legends
                    Bloodbowl by Extensions

Comment

Yes, sketchmaps would be better. But it's still a matter of redownloading all those maps, something the dev. team has said they don't want to happen. A radar could potentially be implemented with pretty small amounts of code.

As for the uses of it, think Folly:
                      GuardPal whispers [Grand Balcony Vincinity]: Need help!!
                      You *thinks*: Yeah, thats about half the level...

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        LOL! Jocke, I was just joking! It's actually not a bad idea, but getting sketchmaps into all the existing maps is still a better idea.
                        It is a better idea and something which is currently being worked on.
                        One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                        -
                        The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Working...
                        X