Bug: Guards don't drown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: Guards don't drown

When you put an unconscious guard in water, river or where it is wet.
    they should drown, and shouldn't awake 5 minutes later to swim to the other side en patrol again! Could you please fix it ??
    Working on TH-Haven, the first singleplayer (and coِp) missionpack for thievery.
    Get more info about it on http://freyk0.tripod.com

I believe this has intentionally been left as it is to stop thieves throwing all the unconscious guards in the nearst sink/bath/puddle and removing their ability to be revived.
    One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
    -
    The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

I think Saws is right.

But I just came up with something. What happens to an unconcious person who is thrown into water in RL? Does he wake up? Or does he drown? Well, no matter what RL says. I think the splash of water should auto-wake up the guard so the guard can do vengence on the thief. That would eliminate any "bug."
      "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
        I believe this has intentionally been left as it is to stop thieves throwing all the unconscious guards in the nearst sink/bath/puddle and removing their ability to be revived.
        I would actually prefer things that way.

The guards-wake-up-idea was presumably implemented because there were too many thieves that were taking advantage of lag, to KO guards left, right & center. Now thieves have to discretely dispose of bodies, but even then they only get an advantage for 5 mins.

If guards died if they were thrown into fire/water, then thieves still wouldn't be able to go around doing KOing everything in sight, since they'd still have to tidy up afterwards, & we could back to the tried-and-tested system of guards staying together in groups & not going on solo commando missions.

Currently, I'm not too worried about going solo as a guard because I can just tell my team-mates where I was knocked out & hang around in 3rd person spec view to watch where the thief takes the body.

By the way, it's not worth starting a thread about, but if an AI sees a team-mate get BJ-ed (or finds an unconscious body in the open), then he should be able to revive him.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
          By the way, it's not worth starting a thread about, but if an AI sees a team-mate get BJ-ed (or finds an unconscious body in the open), then he should be able to revive him.
          I was thinking about suggesting this too...
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Buho
            I think Saws is right.

But I just came up with something. What happens to an unconcious person who is thrown into water in RL? Does he wake up? Or does he drown? Well, no matter what RL says. I think the splash of water should auto-wake up the guard so the guard can do vengence on the thief. That would eliminate any "bug."
            Well my father told me once that a long time ago his buddies picked up him and his bed when he was asleep, and tossed him into the pool. Basiclly he nearly drowned, because your first reaction when your body takes a shock like that is to inhale sharply. That is not good when you are underwater.

I would imagine that an unconscious person would react in much the same way, since it is an autonomic response (automatic, not requiring thought).

Thought for the day: Beware of Gods who do not laugh

http://bobthemad.8m.com/

Comment

Guards thrown in water should wake up and beat your ass down.
              TCO – Retired
              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Guards thrown into water should be parad, and lose half of their health.

Comment

Half of their health?
                  Are you mad?
                  JM

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                    Guards thrown into water should be parad, and lose half of their health.
                    Erm, if the guards gonna be paralysed, then he's just gonna drown anyway

Comment

Has anyone ever seen that amazing artifact, the Full Plate of Life-Saving?
                      The day i see someone swimming in a full plate suit, I'll go for this anti drowning guard thing.
                      Ta ta.

Comment

Working...
                      X