Players' stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players' stats

I have just started logging players' stats on my server (again ). I would appreciate if you could give me any feedback about its functions. To be honest, what I already have is quite a lot of stats, but maybe you can come up with something good. Under this link you can find some old stats I used to store, but because I did it wrong way, I had to change the method.
    old server stats
    There are also achievements below. Apart from those seen there, regarding mostly the stats, like 500th thiefkill, 100th speed potion, 100th hour online etc, I have been also considering single-rounds achievements, like 10 KOs in single round, 10 torches relit in a single round etc. I could also make some achievements for particular maps, let's say playing Grange 50 times, stealing a maploot, winning in less than 3 minutes, etc.

Feel free to share any ideas you may have. Stats are already being logged, soon I will be creating a software for processing them, merging, uploading, creating achievements and so on. Until I finish it, some fresh ideas may be still implemented.

Very cool. I was thinking about adding some stat tracking to Thievery. I'll be curious to see what stats and achievements you come up with!

Comment

nice, her a few examples came to mind: shadow lurker, at least 50% of all the hours, spend crawling in the shadows. Assassin - killed 100 guards. Basso - stole 10k loot. Benny - returned about 100x more loot then killing thieves.

Comment

Black Out - Ko'ed 100 guards
        Fat Cat - carried more then 2x the amount of loot needed to win
        Pin cushin - recieved 300+ damage from bolts in one life
        Occupational Hazard - Get killed 100 times
        Elite Thief - Get killed after a self crack
        RatFall - Fall to your death 20 times
        SlowMo - Kill a thief while he is paralised
        Thats Mine - Kill 20 thieves with Mines
        Mine Now - Kill a guard with a picked mine
        LuckShot - Tag an Invis Thief
        What A Waste - Kill a thief with a para bolt
        Tag Team - Kill 20 thieves tagged by another guard
        BigFoot - Crush 20 thieves
        Mario - Mario 50 Guards
        MadGerbil - Firebolt Suicide 20 times
        Lock Smith - Pick 1000 Locks
        Master Thief - Win as a thief 1v4
        Your Fired - As a guard get killed by Lord Gerome
        Last edited by Keggie; 4th Nov 2013, 07:05 AM.
        [E.D.G]Keggie - All that is yours is allready mine
        Thievery - Hanse's, Market, Mutator List
        AlienSwarm2k4 - Nighide Research Facility
        Videos - YouTube

Comment

mario can be applied to both guards and thieves actually. Ahaha get fired would be my first achievement ever :d

Comment

like i didnt know that as a thief it would be far to easy... there, tweaked just for you..

and yeah, the first title i thought of for that would be the Alex-X-x award
            Videos - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by keggie View Post

and yeah, the first title i thought of for that would be the alex-x-x award :p
              :d

Comment

Too bad the map stats are borked. Hard to tell how hard the maps actually are.
                BTW, what is this: "chuj wie, zjebalo sie cos wtedy" entry in the stats and how is it logged?

Comment

LOL I didn't notice that when I was posting that link. At the beginning there was a bug or sth and achievement didn't log so I had to log it manually. I didn't know the date so I put that string into it xD.

Some technical stuff:
                  The stats issue (I suppose) was that I was saving them into ini files, and at some point it stopped working, it couldn't log any more. I think I sort of misused the inis which were designed to store a few values at once, not hundreds of KB of values. At first it worked well, but after a while after counting and updating someones (I think it was Alex) stats it just put 0.0 to every value of his record.
                  Now the idea of stats is a bit different, I log every single rounds stats into a separate file. UT can write files but cannot read them, or at least I never heard of it. That's why I will need an external parser that will be executed after each round (yes UT fortunately can execute files), and will update stats or maybe even automatically upload them on a remote server. The functionality will be kept the same apart from displaying the achievements in-game as a server message, for the game won't be able to check if the KO thief scored that round was already his 100th KO. This would require writing a native function, which as long as is just server-side is possible and not too difficult to implement.

I'm glad to see the examples you posted, all of them are very good ideas. I will need to look into TUT code to see if I will be able to implement them all. I have already checked that counting locks picked may be problematic, as it happens mostly client-side, therefore I would need to make the mutator not server-side only and make clients somehow report about picking a lock. And as this one seems to be still in reach, I doubt it will be possible to determine whether the crackcloud was created by self. Of course I wouldn't like to overwrite any class to keep full compatibility with other mutators.

Comment

just came few classics to mind:

as a thief, pick up someones telescope to unlock: Przemek, masz teleskop? Achievement

Loot the grange kitchen and grab a key and food, to get exactly 800 loot, unlocks: Mam, klucze, mam zarcia, mam luta - spierdalam! achievement.

Mario the guard patroling sewers to unolck LOL jesze se zwalilem (or whatever he said after koing that guard at sewers)

Comment

lol, he didn't mario anyone, not even KOed. He just took damage falling of the ladder between sewers and kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by Przemek557 View Post
                        lol, he didn't mario anyone, not even KOed. He just took damage falling of the ladder between sewers and kitchen.
                        ah lol

Comment

In case anyone wondered what those two above are rambling about :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AriHLilnjPE

Btw, Keggie, not a bad list, but also some mad grammar/spelling skillz *ducks* lol
                          Play Amnesia, get insomnia.

Comment

nothing new there then
                            Videos - YouTube

Comment

I've added some features since last update. The mutator now properly tracks many more statistic such as number of: locks picked, mines picked, mine kills, thieves paralyzed, on-speed thieves paralyzed, on-invis thieves tagged, thieves killed by other guard while tagged by you, thieves tagged by other guard you managed to kill, enemies killed by you due to triggering a mine (kamikaze), and more!
                              To achieve some mine features I had no other reasonable option but to override the default TUT mine. It has no effect on you ofc, but if the mutator was to be used with other mutator modifying a mine they wouldn't cope. Fortunately I don't recall any mine-modifying mutator (even promod doesn't), so for now the mutator most likely remains fully compatible with all TvG mutators. Anyway it was worth doing it, it gave a lot more possibilities, and also allowed me to have some fun with mine effect. Check it out!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHD5GG1DvVI
                              Note that the last one is only when a player is killed since I didn't want to affect gameplay in any way, it is just a visual effect. Also, the Z-axis momentum transferred can be lowered.

Comment

Working...
                              X