Wake up idea (summarised).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up idea (summarised).

Just pulled every idea by anyone in one model the way I'd like it implemented.

When a human guard is KO'd and his body is awakened when he hasn't respawned yet, he should autorespawn in that body again.

Extend this with the sticky loadout idea:
    All KO'd guards keep whatever they had before they got KO'd. Thus a KO'd guard doesn't get to buy a new loadout.

KO'd guards don't drop stuff:
    Since they keep whatever they had, they don't drop stuff. This also eliminates a lot of the "KO because I need a health potion"... which isn't neccesarily bad, but hey... I'm RLF.

Wake up nausea/headache:
    Guards that are just woken up suffer from a cracklike headache... double vision or some other distorted point of view... It should be bad enough to make accurate aiming impossible, but it shouldn't be so bad that the guard is unable to navigate... some sort of compromise between Crack and the mace/blackjack wobble would have to be found.
    This effect would last for 15 seconds, in these 15 seconds the guard is un-ko'able.
    AI simply do not use ranged attacks for 15 seconds when woken up.

Just have it wobbly like it is when the crack is just about to wear off and take away the green tint. I think it would be cool to have it fade in from blackness like in half-life. And when the guard is frobbing to awake his comrade lots of speech samples saying apprpriate stuff.

Comment

Virus!

Custom voice: "Allyson Herrigan... You look... pretty nice in that teddy...." *shakes head* "Lt. Miguel? Why are you wearing a teddy?" *shakes head* "Ooh, my achin' head!"

:lol:
      "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Yep, and how about a little animation where the model gets up from being laid down, shakes his head and then commences searching the area, unlike the *POP* - insta-respawn - searching around that takes place now.
        ~TuF~

Comment

I think guards should drop potions on them, but respawn with a little their last melee weapon, and a little bit of loot, maybe 200-400.
          The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I agree with CD, they should lose their potions and mines too, If im a thief, im sure as hell gonna loot the bodies of people I knock out. All the more reason for guards to fear the shadows, but we would have to find a way to get rid of CSing to compensate.

Comment

No thanks, that'd fuck up all the guards loadouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sverrik
                but we would have to find a way to get rid of CSing to compensate.
                I already have the solution: The Player Implemented Anti-CircleStrafing AI, or PIACSAI for short.
                ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
                  I already have the solution: The Player Implemented Anti-CircleStrafing AI, or PIACSAI for short.
                  It's already in place.

You tried CSing an AI lately?
                  The only constant is change.
                  (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                    Originally posted by MortalMonkey
                    It's already in place.

You tried CSing an AI lately?
                    And what about humans? Thieves got a speed boost while guards didn't, which made it easier for a thief to CS a human guard.
                    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Yes, I have tried to CS AIs in both 1.2 and 1.3, never with much luck. That is how I got the idea.
                      I think you missed the first part that said "Player Implemented". It means that the AI is not a standalone object, but a part of the player. The PIACSAI shares the player vision, and can determine if the player is alert enough to not be KOed, much like a normal AI does.
                      A nice bonus is that you can have auto-taunts.
                      ]V[]V[

Comment

Working...
                      X