Suggestion: Guards 1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Guards 1.4

This post covers my ideas for Guards including their wake ups, weapons, etc.

Guards 1.4 by KewlAzMe

Guard Wake-up:
    Current Problem:
    1. Wake-on-Frob - Allows Guards to come back to life instantly, and can always get a new loadout. And its just a waste of time KO'ing them since they can kill you a second later if a human wakes them up. Also, AI should be allowed to wake up KO'd guards.
    2. Auto-wake - Allows Thieves to hide bodies, but then they wake up and don't properly go back to their patrol in all cases, so there is a pile of AI in certain areas.
    Recommended Solution:
    1. 10 sec delay after frob, have the guard shake his head and act almost drunk, and unable to attack (or be attacked?) during those 10 secs. Mark that guard as previously KO'd. After all new AI spawns are used up by humans, the previously KO'd respawns get only a basic loadout, No buy menu option available.
    2. Personally I think its the best method, opposed to the crackaz way of thinking, Fix the patrol and path noding in future maps. Also mark that guard as previously KO'd and don't allow buy menu. Up the KO time on the servers to at least 8 minutes.

Guard Joining & Autobalance
    Current Problem:
    1. Guard Joining - Thieves run out of lives, New players keep joining servers and joining as guards, making it way overbalanced to the guards side.
    2. Autobalance - Guards are forced to have one extra player always, even when the teams are 4 or more. So the following map will always have at least one guard playing guard twice in a row in every case. Annoys a lot of people.
    Recommended Solution:
    1. Except for current guards playing from the start of the game, When new Guards join, Guard to thief ratio shouldn't go above 5:2, not 12:1 like it can be now.
    2. Force Guard only for 3 players (2 Guards/1 Thief) and 5 players (3 Guards/2 Thieves). 7 or more people should have more thieves: (3 Guards/4 Thieves).

Guard (AI) weapon switching:
    Current Problem:
    1. AI - Drop flare, shoot you/charged mace you... before the flare hits the ground.
    2. As a byproduct of the new Auto-redraw of weapons after flare scanning, Humans can also drop flare and shoot you before flare hits the ground. (But not melee, only xbow)
    Recommended Solution:
    1. Delay timer of about 1.4 secs between switching. This should also fix the problem with the Uber AI since thieves will be given a chance to duck behind something before the magical tag bolt comes out of their ass or they Uber Aim you from across the map.
    2. Fix the delay with crossbow redraw for humans, the delay still exists when switching manually, but when flaring, and dropping, the xbow is already cocked and loaded, and aimed before the xbow redraw animation completes.

These ideas could use some work, but they are a step in the right direction
    It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

pffft.. u forget that Im KewlAzMe! my ideas always work sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
        my ideas always work sometimes.
        Not even going to bother commenting on that...
        It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

pffft.. u forget that Im KewlAzMe! my ideas always work sometimes.
          Neg-a-tiv

Comment

always sometimes
            Walking contradiction, aren't ya?

No, you are.

The only constant is change.
            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

why yes, of course im not!

Comment

This post covers my ideas for Guards including their wake ups, weapons, etc.

Guards 1.4 by KewlAzMe

Guard Wake-up:
                Current Problem:
                1. Wake-on-Frob - Allows Guards to come back to life instantly, and can always get a new loadout. And its just a waste of time KO'ing them since they can kill you a second later if a human wakes them up. Also, AI should be allowed to wake up KO'd guards.
                2. Auto-wake - Allows Thieves to hide bodies, but then they wake up and don't properly go back to their patrol in all cases, so there is a pile of AI in certain areas.
                Recommended Solution:
                1. 10 sec delay after frob, have the guard shake his head and act almost drunk, and unable to attack (or be attacked?) during those 10 secs. Mark that guard as previously KO'd. After all new AI spawns are used up by humans, the previously KO'd respawns get only a basic loadout, No buy menu option available.
                2. Personally I think its the best method, opposed to the crackaz way of thinking, Fix the patrol and path noding in future maps. Also mark that guard as previously KO'd and don't allow buy menu. Up the KO time on the servers to at least 8 minutes.

hmmmm why not have the AI wake after 9min and respawn to nearest pathnode that would stop thieves from throwing the bodys off map

the box also needs to be fixed thieves can put it in places where guards can't get to it without a vine

flats is a perfect example
                An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Comment

Wtf isn't wrong with you. You're not such a big dumb idiot you idiot.

Comment

That isn't a contradiction at all. You could simply be agreeing with someone that said you aren't something.
                    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                    "Dream is Destiny"
                    Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                      That isn't a contradiction at all. You could simply be agreeing with someone that said you aren't something.
                      No you could be.

Comment

based upon kewlz' first post:

i like these ideas, the wakeup seems balanced, no exploiting for either side(impossible to retrieve bodies, insta-awake/chase), maybe have a 10 second non-moving crack effect(unable to aim, basically) when a guard is woken up.

he also adresses autobalance, which indeed needs work, i dont agree with the ratios, maybe you can allow the server to balance them based on the map via some ini setting, just trying to expand the idea

as for weapon switching, that goes in with the other misc AI problems imo, but as for the 2nd solution, a minor delay in switching there would be nice, i've gotten my weapons jammed attempting to do that many times, which can be the difference between win and loss =/

all in all, seems like a good set of ideas

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                          Originally posted by Curunir
                          No you could be.

Exactly. Now you see my point.
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

Suggestion:

Anyone who hsn't joined a team, or become a spectator is thrown over to guards, when the countdown is up.

That should prevent the pricks who wait for team balance to make 4 guards, 3 thiefs, and joining the thiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kewlazme
                              Personally I think its the best method, opposed to the crackaz way of thinking...
                              What are you talking about, the Crackaz way is the ONLY way to think properly!!!

Kiech
                              www.thecrackaz.com
                              Kiech

Comment

Working...
                              X