Several ideas from the Arbalest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several ideas from the Arbalest

1: I'd like a new bolt. A bigger damage bolt. Steel bolt- 45dmg , 25 gold / bolt.

2: I'd like a new bow. A steel bow, with a winch, that looks like something that could hurt. I don't want to use 2 twigs tied crosswise to a twig.

3: I'd like a steel bayonet that attaches to the crossbow, and is wieldable from the #3 key slot like a sword or mace.

4: More stuff for the crossbow.
    Bite the bolt, taffer!

OMG! You sound like an RLF!

Actually, I thought the crossbow was supposed to be beefed up in 1.3, visually and acousticly.... What happened to that?
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

RLF eh? Maybe it rubbed off a bit...anyway, im serious about the first 4.
      Bite the bolt, taffer!

Comment

Heavy crossbow:
        • Can launch one normal bolt at 6 times normal speed, or up to 6 bolts at once with speed down to normal (2 bolts at 5x speed, 3 bolts at 4x speed etc.).
          Or maybe it should fire a thief broadhead with 3x speed or 3 thief broadheads at once at normal speed.
        • And it should be able to launch flares (lit flares are automatically loaded) and maybe mines as well (or grenades, I always wanted grenades).
        • Loading time should be higher, maybe 3 or 4 times as long.
        • It is heavy, so it should slow you down almost as much as the mace.
        ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by Arbalest
          1: I'd like a new bolt. A bigger damage bolt. Steel bolt- 45dmg , 25 gold / bolt.

2: I'd like a new bow. A steel bow, with a winch, that looks like something that could hurt. I don't want to use 2 twigs tied crosswise to a twig.

3: I'd like a steel bayonet that attaches to the crossbow, and is wieldable from the #3 key slot like a sword or mace.

yes good...these would be great...and along with the steel bolt being stronger and more expensive...it would most likely be heavier...thus requiring you to make an arcing shot

Comment

Smells like garlic.... No wait. Garlisk.
            Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepQantas

LMAO!
              Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
              "Dream is Destiny"
              Waking Life

Comment

The dev. team proposed the Bleeder bolt a couple of months back. A bolt that did the same damage as a normal bolt, but had a sideeffect of damaging the thief every second or so for a set period afterwards... much like the firebolt, but without the fire. I wonder whatever happened to this idea? they even had a model. :?

You mean the thieves bow?

I developped a weapon myself which I dubbed the Gunblade, named after some weapon in the Final Fantasy series. basically it's a Mononoke Hime style pole rifle with a scythe attached to the other side. Normal attack would be to fire ammunition, and the secondary (charge) attack would be a slash with the scythe end of the rifle.

What do you have in mind? Ammunition, upgrades?

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-

The dev. team proposed the Bleeder bolt a couple of months back. A bolt that did the same damage as a normal bolt, but had a sideeffect of damaging the thief every second or so for a set period afterwards... much like the firebolt, but without the fire. I wonder whatever happened to this idea? they even had a model. :?

You mean the thieves bow?

I developped a weapon myself which I dubbed the Gunblade, named after some weapon in the Final Fantasy series. basically it's a Mononoke Hime style pole rifle with a scythe attached to the other side. Normal attack would be to fire ammunition, and the secondary (charge) attack would be a slash with the scythe end of the rifle.

What do you have in mind? Ammunition, upgrades?

1: DAMAGE!!! DAMAGE!!!

2: No, I didn't, but it could use a little better look.

3: Cool, but a rifle in thievery? I dunno.

4: You name it.

Damn, don't tell me the smell rubbed off too!
                  Bite the bolt, taffer!

Comment

On second thought, pretty cool. Depending on how you did it, it could fit the steampunk kind of setting. It should be pretty beefy with steam vent that puff to the side when you shoot! When can I try it?
                    Bite the bolt, taffer!

Comment

On second thought, pretty cool. Depending on how you did it, it could fit the steampunk kind of setting. It should be pretty beefy with steam vent that puff to the side when you shoot! When can I try it?
                      Haha, it's just an idea.

Maybe I could cook up some models and play around with it a bit and maybe the Dan (our non dev. e1337 coder) is willing to try and help me out.

We could adjust an existing map like Nostalgia to have the rifle... It'd be lots and lots of coding though...

Comment

Why don't you just go get the upgraded bow?

Sheesh.
                        The only constant is change.
                        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork

Sheesh.
                          Cause he's a guard?

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder

Sheesh.
                            Cause he's a guard?
                            Even guards can use its explosive heat-seeking power.
                            The only constant is change.
                            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Sheesh.
                              Nah. Just use the impact hammer.

Comment

Working...
                              X