Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting Bug

Howdy.
    Of late, a group of frineds has had some trouble with 1.3, in connecting, especifically. The server simply won't allow connections or will simply shut down, out of nowhere.
    Has anyone experienced this before?

Hiya, I've experienced this problem recently. If I tried to connect to any multiplayer server, it just kept me on the connecting screen forever, and if I tried to host a session myself, the game will shut itself down. Checking Thievery.log, all I found was this:

Log: Relaunch: TH-Flats.unr?Game=ThieveryMod.ThieveryDeathMatchPlus? Mutator=?Listen -server log=server.log INI=ThAux.ini USERINI=ThieveryUser.ini
    Log: GetModuleFileName returned C:\Meus documentos\Games\UnrealTournament\System\ThAux.exe
    Log: appRequestExit(0)
    Exit: Preparing to exit.

And the rest was shutdown procedure. Also, at the end of the server.log there's:

Init: Game engine initialized
    Log: Startup time: 8.487379 seconds
    Log: Resolved unreal.epicgames.com (207.135.145.4)
    ScriptLog: UdpServerUplink: Master Server is unreal.epicgames.com:27900
    ScriptLog: UdpServerUplink: Port 7779 successfully bound.
    Log: Resolved master0.gamespy.com (216.177.89.34)
    ScriptLog: UdpServerUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
    ScriptLog: UdpServerUplink: Port 7779 successfully bound.
    Log: AInternetLink Resolve failed: Can't find host master.mplayer.com (WSANO_DATA)
    ScriptLog: UdpServerUplink: Failed to resolve master server address, aborting.

Does that means the failure to contact a master server shuts the game down? Is there a way to by pass that? It's kind of lame not being able to host locally because some server that I won't even depend on is down...

And if that's not the case and I'm rabbling about the wrong thing, then what's calling appRequestExit when I try to host a mp game?!
    ----
    Windblow
    http://windblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Windblow
      Log: AInternetLink Resolve failed: Can't find host master.mplayer.com (WSANO_DATA)
      ScriptLog: UdpServerUplink: Failed to resolve master server address, aborting.
      These lines are a normal part of the log when starting a server up. The game tries to contact mplayer, which isn't running any more, so it "fails to resolve". It doesn't affect anything, really.

As far as trying to connect to a server someone is hosting for you, be sure that any firewall running either has permissions set to allow the specific IP's connecting in (if you're just hosting for friends), or that it's set to allow UDP on ports 7777-7782 (assuming you're using the default gameports). Also make sure any router on the server end is set to forward those ports to the internal IP of the host machine.

Comment

Hi.
        Regarding the router, yes there were a router in one of the ends, but the problem apparently occurred both ways, even when server was on the no-router end (more than one player trying to connect, and only one had a router). The router configuration also worked perfectly with 1.2, no changes were made since then.
        It seems unlikely that changes such as these were introduced from 1.2 to 1.3, or isn't it??
        Anyone has any idea about it?

Comment

It's very odd that it worked in 1.2, but doesn't now in 1.3. The only thing that comes to mind is that maybe you had it set up on nonstandard ports in 1.2, but the upgrade to 1.3 reset to the standard ports, so the wrong ports on the router are forwarded now.

Comment

Working...
          X