armor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armor?

why not be able to buy armor to make you last longer, or an upgraded bow, or lockpicks? would be cool
    An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and and guarded

Armor - yes, I have thought about it.
    • Body armor makes your body invulnerable to everything but gravity and other major enviromental damages.
    • A helmet makes your head invulnerable to everything but KOs (and crack and flash ofcourse).
    • Body armor slows you down almost as much as carrying a mace and no armor does. Helmets don't slow you down.
    • Body armor is heavy. You can swim like a rock in water, and fall damage is 1.5 times as much as without body armor.
    • Body armor is noisy. Catfall doesn't help against the creaking of the body armor.
    ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
      Armor - yes, I have thought about it.
      [list][*]Body armor makes your body invulnerable to everything but gravity and other major enviromental damages.
      So, an invincibility suit?

The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I still stand with my original stolen idea (from Freehold UT):

Allow guards to choose whatever level of armour for free, BUT the higher the level of armour (ie. more damage absorbed) they choose, the lower their speed & jump height becomes.

Therefore, players have to tradeoff one side of their stats in order to match their playstyle. Shouldn't be particularly hard to script either.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
          Allow guards to choose whatever level of armour for free, BUT the higher the level of armour (ie. more damage absorbed) they choose, the lower their speed & jump height becomes.
          I can already imagine the RL... uh, campers () getting maximum so they can hardly move, and then stand in a doorway beeing invincible...

Comment

Originally posted by Jocke
            Originally posted by The_Dan
            I can already imagine the RL... uh, campers () getting maximum so they can hardly move, and then stand in a doorway beeing invincible...
            Thats why thievers need knockback arrows!
            Bite the bolt, taffer!

Comment

Or really big magnets...
              It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Hmmm.

I think guards have enough in the way of advantages already without letting them chose armor for free.

Even if it's not for free, it would still be too much.

fall! damn you!
                "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                  Or really big magnets...
                  YES!!

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                    Or really big magnets...
                    Interesting counter... thieves might throw 5 kg magnets that fly straight towards the guard's helmet and knock him out cold... hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X