Weird idea of improved vine arrows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird idea of improved vine arrows...

Remember this old atari game Pitfall? When this walking bunch if pixels was jumping over ditches and water using rope...

See attached image...

Well, what else to say... Think for yourself...

Hmm, I suspect that this would be a bugger to code (a dynamic rotating ThLadder which players attach to? yikes )

Nice idea though.

Comment

I like your alligator too.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Well, this could be implemented easy enough in the actual playerpawn script, but not so easy as an add-on. You can modify the playerpawn with a mutator, right?

Uhmm, I was going to do a whole bit on the physics simulation nessisary, with diagrams, but that turned out to be too much work. I could knock together some code, but I need some, err, support, in the form of people bugging me to do it. So, anybody interested in me trying to code it (sans any fancy rope display code or stuff like that)?

Comment

Originally posted by Taffergirl

Thanx, it was a quick sketch, haven't had much time to do it properly :-)

Comment

ok first.. i wish this was in Thief 2 soooo many times....

and second...that is the best drawing I've ever seen! I want to put it on my wall and call it ART.

Comment

It's a crocodile.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                It's a crocodile.
                Your opinion doesn't count, as not being the creator of the picture.

Netspider says it's an alligator, so it's an alligator.

Crocs have thinner snouts.

Comment

Several mods already have grapple... as said before , it isn't Ninjary.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                    It's a crocodile.
                    Your opinion doesn't count, as not being the creator of the picture.

Netspider says it's an alligator, so it's an alligator.

Crocs have thinner snouts.
                    Actually it's the opposite, aligators have thinner snouts... but I wouldn't know, since I'm not the creator.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
                      Several mods already have grapple... as said before , it isn't Ninjary.
                      yea actually there is a grappling hook mod that replaces the translocator with a grappling hook.... i was gonna try it in TUT..but never got around to it. There is a setting in the INI files that allows you to have a translocator by default in TUT as well.. this, coupled with the grappling hook could make the grappling hook feature possible.. however.. that is just for straight line shooting... still don't have tradjectory of your body moving across a gap or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                        Actually it's the opposite, aligators have thinner snouts... but I wouldn't know, since I'm not the creator.
                        You're wrong.

Alligators are the ones that have short, wide snouts, whereas crocodiles have longer, narrower snouts.

Alligators differ from crocodiles because their upper jaw covers over the teeth in the bottom jaw. Crocodiles teeth interlock almost like a zipper.

Look it up sometime.

Comment

TG has her facts straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Microwave Oven
                            Well, this could be implemented easy enough in the actual playerpawn script, but not so easy as an add-on. You can modify the playerpawn with a mutator, right?
                            Erm, I don't think so, but feel free to try

It depends what you mean by modify:

-Altering properties of a playerpawn with a mutator

-Adding new functions to a playerpawn with a mutator

Comment

Working...
                            X