Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evil Bug in Asylum (And it ain't the spider niether :) )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Bug in Asylum (And it ain't the spider niether :) )

Ok, so I was playing on Crackaz tonight, and along with Grank and Poe, I discovered a major bug with the cell door on the spider cage. If a guard uses the supply chest to climb on, they can mantle over the top of the cell door, entering it even when locked.

This has serious ramifications due to extreme camping if the cell has the body in it (as was the case when I played, but at the time, we thought we were trapped).

cool bug

Good eye too
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

yes i watched V12US and poe pull this trick off (as a thief hiding in the shadows).. but something even funnier happened... V12US hopped up to the upper ledge of the gate and the spider did the same thing on the other side! it started to bite V12US so he jumped down... and the spider JUMPED OVER AND OUT!! and started wiping out the guards..... laughing so hard that i didnt realize poe was lookin right at me and boom dead!! :grin:

Comment

Ah MY SECRET IS OUT! :O

EDIT! DELETE! THWARK DO SOMETHING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
          yes i watched V12US and poe pull this trick off (as a thief hiding in the shadows).. but something even funnier happened... V12US hopped up to the upper ledge of the gate and the spider did the same thing on the other side! it started to bite V12US so he jumped down... and the spider JUMPED OVER AND OUT!! and started wiping out the guards..... laughing so hard that i didnt realize poe was lookin right at me and boom dead!! :grin:
          That was the whole plan smartass. Spider out, guards in... so what an AI or two dies, we got that body locked down tight.
          I admit, it used to be easier when greenie was blockable... but patches never stopped the RLF from being victorious, so we just found a workaround.

And anyway, I don't see why this is a bug either... all body positions (should) have a way for guards to enter the room, thus including the spider room... except it's more tricky to get in...

and you don't see me whining about thieves vining those really high places in nostalgia, DE or grange either, so I think it's fair for the guards to have a few alternative entrances as well, ne?

Also, the Asylum belongs to the RLF. We know how to play our own turf. -_-

Comment

Well that sucks. If I found something like this, I'm with V12US, I'd use it to my advantage. Ah well...secret's out.

Comment

You have to use the "Kewl Method" of spider extermination... go up to the gate in crouched position and hit swinging..the spider will see you and attempt to attack you... but you end up hitting him instead... some might call this a wall hack.. but If it has huge holes in it like gates and grates do... its perfectly legal since you really could do that in a real gate.

Comment

You have to use the "Kewl Method" of spider extermination... go up to the gate in crouched position and hit swinging..the spider will see you and attempt to attack you... but you end up hitting him instead... some might call this a wall hack.. but If it has huge holes in it like gates and grates do... its perfectly legal since you really could do that in a real gate.
                Old trick... and my method is faster.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                  Old trick... and my method is faster.
                  But less effective. Guards die with your method.

I prefer the "Kewl Method" (ya, right :roll: ) myself.
                  The only constant is change.
                  (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Old trick cuz i invented long ago! LOL

yea ur method is faster to get him out.. but you lose potential lives.. you are willing to risk your life and the lives of your teammates?! well..thats RLF for ya.

Comment

ah bah you spider torturers

Spidy really should have a ranged attack , to slash thoses irritating wallhackers...

off topic : someone needs to include an armored (invincible) pet spider on a new map...

Comment

Yeah, I saw Poe doing this once. Ran right up behind her and *bonk*

Guards: Work in pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
                          ah bah you spider torturers

Spidy really should have a ranged attack , to slash thoses irritating wallhackers...

off topic : someone needs to include an armored (invincible) pet spider on a new map...

lol

Comment

It's not a bug, it's just using teamwork to climb over a gate.
                            One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
                            -
                            The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaws
                              It's not a bug, it's just using teamwork to climb over a gate.
                              Mantling and climbing THROUGH the gate is a bug.
                              The only constant is change.
                              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                              X