Bonus guard equipment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus guard equipment!

I was thinking since guards dont have as many new fancy toys as the thieves i had a few suggestions.
    Flash or crack mines (from thief 2)
    cost 100
    max 1
    ability. a thief that walks over 1 is temporarily blinded for the same duration as a flash bomb. cannot be picked. or releases a cloud of gas.

vine bolts (same as vine arrow only optional)

Razor disk
    cost 300-350
    max 1
    ranged wepon that moves slower than a bolt, deals 15-30? dmg depending on where it hits and ricochets to return to its user. the razors from UT may be a nice engine aspect the devs might want to look into. can be a valuable substitute for those annoyingly overburdening maces. can attack faster if used at close range because it returns faster after striking. it may not be too powerful because it can easily be dodged.

seeker trap
    much like a whistler trap only cheaper and can detect thieves by sound. 60? A simple catfall potion can allow thieves to pass by unnoticed. other that that a thief must pass by very slowly. Smaller than whistlers so thay are more difficult to notice.
    cannot use on carpet, dirt or grass.

Flares that if they hit a thief, light them on fire!

any of these sound goon. i want responses.!

Aquaflares:

Flares that can be bought and restacked from the chest (but only if you had aquaflares in your initial loadout). They can be bought for 100 banked loot per 3 and they emit a blueish light instead of green light. When these flares are thrown in water they sink and continue burning as normal. Their burntime when thrown underwater is 2 times longer than on land.

Dynamite:

A type of 'flare' that behaves as a normal flare but explodes with a violent bang when the fuse runs out, dealing massive damage and putting everyone in the radius on fire. They cost 100 banked loot per piece and can't be restocked from the chest. Fuse time is 5 seconds, after which the flare explodes (even when you're still holding it).

Comment

I think aquaflares are a GREAT idea. Right now if a taffer throws some bodies in a dark river or something, they're pretty much gone for good. You can't see them and there's no way to find them.

The rest... meh.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Hmm, I still think guards deserve an extra bolt to make up for thieves having 6 different arrows:

Dye Arrow (on my to-do list of things to script):

If it hits a surface, it leaves a pool of dye (ie. blood), that would cause thieves to leave footprints if they pass through it. If the bolt hits a player, that player will leave footprints for approx 30secs.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
          Aquaflares:

Flares that can be bought and restacked from the chest (but only if you had aquaflares in your initial loadout). They can be bought for 100 banked loot per 3 and they emit a blueish light instead of green light. When these flares are thrown in water they sink and continue burning as normal. Their burntime when thrown underwater is 2 times longer than on land.
          And these should have a const LESS than the cost for regular flares?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
            Aquaflares:

And these should have a const LESS than the cost for regular flares?
            Regular flares should drop in price then... I don't know how much they cost now, but anything over 25 is way overpriced.

Comment

Regular flares should drop in price then... I don't know how much they cost now, but anything over 25 is way overpriced.
              I believe they're 50 now. I don't think they really need to drop in price unless the limit on the number you can carry is set to the number you initially stared with, though, since there's a virtually inexhaustible supply of them through the supply chest.

I could see your aquaflares being worth only 25, though, if they weren't restockable, which seems reasonable. No other special equipement is restockable, nor should it be.

Comment

Dan's idea has my vote... well we already thought about something similar (tomato sauce or whatever) , but a bolt , while being unrealistic , would be funnier to use.

Not sure about an aquaflare... who uses breathing potion here ?
                Perhaps make a phosphorescent flare giving a chemical tagging effect (thiefmatch flare sparks) to any thief it hits , burning him when he goes underwater

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                  I believe they're 50 now. I don't think they really need to drop in price unless the limit on the number you can carry is set to the number you initially stared with, though, since there's a virtually inexhaustible supply of them through the supply chest.

I could see your aquaflares being worth only 25, though, if they weren't restockable, which seems reasonable. No other special equipement is restockable, nor should it be.
                  Yes, I allready proposed that many a time. Right now, when a guard buys 20 additional bolts, the chest will still only restock him to 10... quite a waste, ne? But on the other side, a guard with only 10 bolts can still pick up other bolts and put them into a non-existant quiver. :/

My idea was to place the maximum carryable amount of bolts and flares to the amount they 'bought' at the start of the game. So a standard guard would only be able to carry 3 flares and 10 bolts... This would fix alot of problems (like random flarescanning, since the guards are limited in their supply). The supply chest should then restock their amount of flares and bolts to the amount they bought at the start of the game... so if a guard bought an extra flares and 5 more bolts, the chest would resupply him to 4 flares and 15 bolts. That way, the chest actually restocks you and doesn't just give free items every three minutes.

That would also fix the chestfarming bug. Two guards go out to hunt, while one stays at the chest and starts piling up flares. It's still doable, but you don't get guards running around with ten flares anymore, so it's become useless (nice stack of flares, but you can't pick 'em all up). This would also fix the exploit that would exist when a guard that bought aquaflares starts farming them for all guards in the game... As long as a guard didn't buy aquaflares, the max. capacity of flares he could carry was set to 0, so he couldn't pick them up. Aquafarming solved.

On the restockability of the aquaflare, it is debatable, but it would seriously lessen the usefulness of such a device... I've not decided yet what would be best. I can see both the good and bad points of restockabilty so I'll just leave it up to others to decide.

Anyways, here's another thing I just thought of.

Glowstick (trap):
                  Cost: 50

A small crystal tube with fluids inside that start glowing when they mix.
                  Guards can drop these tubes at dark places to provide a constant source of light similar to a flare. When they are placed, both thieves and guards can pick them up again, the lightsource will then be reduced to a mere 'glow' (similar to tagbolt/firebolt guards) to avoid guards abusing by using them for scanning.

When a thief or guard is holding a glowstick, they can place it somewhere else by dropping it, or they can break them by throwing them away. Broken glowsticks will leave puddles of green fluorescent liquid, that makes players leave brightgreen footsteps when they walk over them, but the lightsource is removed.
                  Offcourse when you really want to completely remove the glowstick, you can wash away the remaining puddle with a water arrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X