• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buggy boards

Two words that i'm sure all of you have seen:

Invalid_Session

Damn, how do i fix this crap?

never seen it. I get "Post topic does not exist" sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mist
      Try to clean out your cache, cause it can sometimes fuck it up. Throw away all cookies + cache/temp files - see if that helps.

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
      never seen it. I get "Post topic does not exist" sometimes.
      What threads are you trying to access when you get that message? I guess you don't have access to view the forum which the threads are on, cause you'd get that message then. Or, the threads are deleted/moved.

Comment

wrong... i get them when i click on the link from my email notifications.... sometimes it says topic does not exist... but i can get to the link just fine when i go thru the main forum links. happens maybe once or twice a month.

Comment

I get those a lot when clicking a link to a thread in the guilds forum....I think it's because LR gets over-excited about keeping it tidy and rearranges threads.

The message basically means that that exact thread isn't there any more (i.e. it's been deleted or moved)
          One of the three LANers of the Apocalypse!
          -
          The Unforgiven Casual Gaming Group - New Members Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Mist
            Two words that i'm sure all of you have seen:

Invalid_Session

Normally occurs when I leave Opera open on TUT forums, but have to reconnect to Freeserve because of my crappy connection. I suspect it may IP-address related.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
              Normally occurs when I leave Opera open on TUT forums, but have to reconnect to Freeserve because of my crappy connection. I suspect it may IP-address related.
              No, it's a common problem of timeout. There were some security issues with the earlier phpBB boards, people could take over sessions etc. That's why a session times out after etc. 3600 seconds. At least, that's what I've read on the phpBB boards. A logout/login should fix it.

Comment

I've also noticed the "new post" icons not appearing when there is new posts. Yes, I'm logged in.
                It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by BiG_D
                  I've also noticed the "new post" icons not appearing when there is new posts. Yes, I'm logged in.
                  Opposite for me. I'm noticing the "new posts" icon, on threads I've just finished reading all the posts in.

Comment

The best part is when you have used numerous hours trying to write all your suggestions in one thread, then when you try to post it, you get that Invalid_session message. When you press the back button, you get a page saying that the page is outdated. When you then refresh it, it asks you if you want to send the information again. If you click yes, you get Invalid_Session. If you click no, you get Invalid_Session.

That is the reason you don't see any "Mortal's suggestions" thread on this board
                    ]V[]V[

Comment

If you're making a long message, write it up in a program with spellcheck... and then you can paste it at you will...
                      It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                      X