Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New(?) Firebolt Idea

dunno if this is new or not, but gunna post anyway, never saw it before:

how about changing firebolts to something like the flare arrow in thiefmatch? have them cost less than firebolts of course, cuz it wouldnt do damage, just light up an area like firebolts(for those who havent tried it) and are still water-removed

this could remove initial 'fire-spamming' as the guard would still have to damage the thief , but would still light up the area as a counter to invis potions

pick apart the idea, just wanted to try it out.

Well ... this might be the worst idea i've seen this month. I'm sorry but this would create alot MORE firespammers. Cheap and usefull. BANG BANG light the whole place! let the AIs kill the thief! WOHOO!

no sorry ... i REALLY don't like it.
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

I'll have to go with Phae on this one.

It would encourage a bigger rash of firespamming than we have now.
      "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

bleh your right, worded that badly i guess, what i oddly meant to try to say in that was i wanted to remove the fire-damage part of firebolts, perhaps just make it hurt the user(guard)? dunno =/ just tired of firebolts damaging, id really like just the same thing without damage, this coming from a guard mind you

Comment

Originally posted by holydevil
          dunno if this is new or not, but gunna post anyway, never saw it before:

how about changing firebolts to something like the flare arrow in thiefmatch? have them cost less than firebolts of course, cuz it wouldnt do damage, just light up an area like firebolts(for those who havent tried it) and are still water-removed
          We already have these in normal games. These are called "Tag bolts"

Comment

I'd like to see the firebolt turn into a true bolt instead of a fireball.

You can do other things to make it shortranged rather than to turn it into a slowmoving ball of doom. Like, make the bolt heavier, so it can only travel a short distance (artillery support anyone?).

Also, it is a little too powerfull. Ghosting thieves have no way to avoid/counter a firebolt. Halve the explosion range, lenghten the burn time by 50% and decrease the price to 75 loot. And guards should not be able to catch on fire.

Right now, I don't like the firebolt anyway. Too high priced for it's quality, ugly physics (too slow/'unrealistic') and the aim is off.

Save the fireballs for the mages.

Edit: Oh! Another nice idea!
            Explosions should knock thieves and guards back. So when a guard fires a firebolt at the back of a thief, he's helping him escape by pushing him forward a bit. Instead, the guard would aim the bolt in front off the thief, to knock him back to the guards direction.

Same physics would apply to mines and exploding whistlers.

Comment

Yes, methinks more damage and less burnination is the way to go.
              Originally posted by -=V12US=-
              Edit: Oh! Another nice idea!
              Explosions should knock thieves and guards back. So when a guard fires a firebolt at the back of a thief, he's helping him escape by pushing him forward a bit. Instead, the guard would aim the bolt in front off the thief, to knock him back to the guards direction.

Same physics would apply to mines and exploding whistlers.
              Yes, but not only players, anything not nailed down should be sent flying (hey, it would compensate for the burnination lag ), including caltrops (owah), flying arrows (just a little flight arc distortion will do the trick) and kitchen utensils. You might wanna order twelve-inch nails for objective items tho (figuratively speaking - in RL you only need a bool).

Then guards with firebolts would drop them as fire chrystals when KOed/Killed, and KABOOM, traps and objective stacking is no longer a mission impossible.

If nothing else, giving thieves FBs from guards should reduce FB loading quite a bit.

Oh, and flying FBs should have a much smaller light radius so you can't scan large stretches of corridors with just one FB.

BTW Virus, if you want speedy firebolts, you should try my bow upgrade
              ]V[]V[

Comment

I'd just like to see the firebolt turn into sort of a 'secondary flack cannon attack'ish weapon.

Comment

Working...
                X