Supply Chest, Buyzones and Banked Loot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supply Chest, Buyzones and Banked Loot

OK, intead of giving players free refills from the supply chest, why not turn the chest into a portable buy zone? That way, guards can only get extra equipment by killing thieves off first. Rewards players for playing well, and discourages equipment-spamming.

This would only apply to guards, obviously, otherwise we would have thieves just hiding the chest next to respawning loot and getting infinite equipment.

& you can never have too much encouragement for guards to look after the supply chest.

Jeah, the chest isn't really that usefull anymore with the addition of wake up.

I like your idea, but I don't think guards should use returned loot for buying stuff (it's not their money damnit >_&lt.

Perhaps the following would be a better idea.

Guards get 25 banked loot every 60/90 seconds (payroll), they can use this to buy new items at the chest (flare and bolt refill would cost 50 loot. Buying regular flares and bolts would raise the maximum amount of flares and bolts carryable by one and five respectively).

KO'ing or killing a guard would reset their pay to zero and would drop all the pay they had for the thieves to loot (discouraging guards to save it up for expensive things like firebolts).

In order to balance things for thieves, the thieves should be able to steal stuff from the chest. They can steal any thief item from the chest every minute (give them the thieves buy menu and let 'em choose an item to steal when they frob it).

That way guards would have to be carefull with their chest, lest the thieves steal it and turn it into a portable drugs cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
      In order to balance things for thieves, the thieves should be able to steal stuff from the chest. They can steal any thief item from the chest every minute (give them the thieves buy menu and let 'em choose an item to steal when they frob it).

That way guards would have to be carefull with their chest, lest the thieves steal it and turn it into a portable drugs cabinet.
      No...

It's not a magical chest and why the hell would thieves be able to get Thief items from it?...
      Maybe give them flares and arrow refill just like guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
        No...

It's not a magical chest and why the hell would thieves be able to get Thief items from it?...
        Maybe the guards used it as a storage to put thief items confiscated from previous thief attacks? Remember 1.2 where guards would use the chest as invis. storage all the time? AI allways use the chest for no apparent reason as well, maybe they out thief items in there they 'found' when they killed a thief?

What would a thief do with guard items anyways, they have no use for flares, and to give the thief 5 broadheads encourages DMing. :?

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
          No...

What would a thief do with guard items anyways, they have no use for flares, and to give the thief 5 broadheads encourages DMing. :?
          5 arrows every 2 minutes that is... Plenty a time to get the chest back for the guards.
          And just thieves getting the and not knocking out guards gives the thieves a big advantage.

Comment

The buy thing would encourage firespammers I'd think .

Situation
            Guard firespamms a thief with 4 firebolts. Thief is dead, but has at least wasted the firebolts of the guard, helping his teammates. But wait, the thief had 500 loot.... So the guard spamms it all, grabs two healing and 4 more fire back at buy then camps for the next thief.

~Just a thought.
            <makes love to TuT again and again...and again>

Comment

Originally posted by ToTT
              The buy thing would encourage firespammers I'd think .

Situation
              Guard firespamms a thief with 4 firebolts. Thief is dead, but has at least wasted the firebolts of the guard, helping his teammates. But wait, the thief had 500 loot.... So the guard spamms it all, grabs two healing and 4 more fire back at buy then camps for the next thief.

~Just a thought.
              Good point, that's why I didn't like the idea either.

Comment

Originally posted by ToTT
                The buy thing would encourage firespammers I'd think
                OK, well lets restrict the choice of items which can be bought. It should just be for resupply purposes, & so there shouldn't be anything too fancy in there.

By the way, I really like V12US' idea about receiving pay, it makes a lot more sense than using recovered loot & would prevent players from getting too wealthy by killing 1000-loot thieves.

Comment

If it was things like H pots, helmets, flares, etc. *no weapons* I'd be fine with it.. at least I think.

Comment

Think of how easy giving loot to guards would make this game to be.

Thieves are 100 loot short on Folly. No problem! Bonk that guard on the head, and collect the purple bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
                      Think of how easy giving loot to guards would make this game to be.

Thieves are 100 loot short on Folly. No problem! Bonk that guard on the head, and collect the purple bags.
                      First of all, the thieves wouldn't know how many loot the guard had, so it's risky. Second, that will promote guards to spend their pay, since they risk losing it when they save it up.

Also, payroll loot should go in a different color of bags, for instance orange or red. Then when the guards kill a thief that had some other guards payroll loot, the guard can add it to his own payroll.

Also, keep in mind that flare and bolt refills aren't 'free' anymore. So guards will have to spend their pay anyway.

Comment

bu tyou would create an on slot of dmthiefs

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Raven
                          I don't think thieves will go on a DM rampage for 50 loot.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Raven
                              I don't think thieves will go on a DM rampage for 50 loot.
                              :lol:

I know I wouldn't.

mehbee for 500.

:grin:
                              "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                              even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                              of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Working...
                              X