Dinomite!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinomite!!!!!!!!

I know this has been talked about before but cratestacking has become a problem. Yes I know if your good enough you can avoid it but still it is still out there. I hate when millions of things are on the objective. So to counter all this I propose Dinomite for the thieves so they can elimate this obsticle. I would cost alot like maybe 200 loot so it does not get abused. It totally destroys boxes and hurts the guards 5-25 depending how close they are to it. It also blinds them for a few seconds. Maybe for all this 250 loot would be better. Post all your thoughts on this issue here. Thanks Cliff
    The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Thief's series version of dynamite was the sunburst device. What you're describing is kind of a sunburst lite though. Interesting idea.
    (AKA Dresden)
    Despite all my rage, I am still just a dwarf in a cage.

Comment

Good idea. I myself like a bit of cratestacking, but I know it can get pretty bad at some times.

I'd like to see this implemented.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

thanks for the imput and remember cd you can always use bodies.
        The Guard "eats, drinks, and sleeps"

Likita: lol, can't.. must..stay..awake.............

It's TACO TIME!

Comment

Would be cool to make it so it gibs the bodies too.
          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
          "Dream is Destiny"
          Waking Life

Comment

Dinomite ?? LOL thought you were going to implant an animal or something .... from The Flinstones.

Anyways crate stacking isn't such a big deal anymore like it used to be. There is a red cursor now when you need to grab something. There are still parts in maps where guards do it ( korman , gerome ) But in korman you have a chance of 1/5 that that eye is actualy in the room.

Crate stacking in hallways / doorways are usualy easy to avoid and sometimes can be a good thing. If an AI is running behind you, you jump over the crates and the AI get's stuck in the crates

But of course you also have the people who can't do that. ( I've seen even old players just simply run into a mine or caltrops when you could see the traps from miles away. Guess they were too lazy to jump over :? )

Anyways if you want to use it ... go ahead. I know i wouldn't buy that thing. An arrow is much cheaper and it will be a little bit stealther.
            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

phew , I thought it was about this sucky shockwave game.

Comment

I'd rather see this object do no damage(ok, maybe 50 damage if you're holding it), but would destroy anything within the blast radius including bolts, crates, bodies, and anything else that can be stacked. Whistlers should be disabled(not destroyed) as whistlers can be used to block.

Caltrops should be unaffected.

Should mines be destroyed as well?
                Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

in korman you have a chance of 1/5 that that eye is actualy in the room.
                  1 in 4, actually, assuming none of the rectory safes are open (or tombs, if you're in the crypts). What happened to my avatar?
                  Mordengaard - Tester/Mapper/Voice Actor/Nitpick/Coder

"Criminal: A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation."
                  :: Howard Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Mordengaard
                    in korman you have a chance of 1/5 that that eye is actualy in the room.
                    1 in 4, actually, assuming none of the rectory safes are open (or tombs, if you're in the crypts). What happened to my avatar?
                    Your server is down. Has been for some time.
                    (AKA Dresden)

Comment

What about the sunburst device. That's something like Dynamite.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Yay, sunburst device
                        ]V[]V[

Comment

My level already has one. :p
                          (AKA Dresden)

Comment

Originally posted by NeoPendragon
                            My level already has one. :p
                            Hmm, scripting dynamite should be easy...but I'm busy at the moment.

Start with an inventory object that throws out a specific ThieveryObject when activated, I always use the Flashbomb superclass for this. Then cause it to throw out a modified flare (I've always thought that the flares look like little sticks of dynamite). The flare would have a timer function activated after 3-5 seconds, that would cause a detonation (as opposed to extinguishing the flare after the normal 15 second time period).

You could have various versions, one to clear out creates or one grand-version that will eliminate everything (heavy cost, but it would stop guards from cramming their entire team into one room).

Ah well, dynamite is now on my list of things to script, if I ever free up some time.

Comment

Or you could make a modified crate that explodes when it is damaged...
                              ]V[]V[

Comment

Working...
                              X