Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a flashbomb more like a flashbang..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a flashbomb more like a flashbang..

Meaning - introduce some bang to it with some aftereffects. Some of them were already discussed on this forum - like high-pitch noise fading after a period of time, so a guard couldn't hear the thief running away...

Nah.

The flashbomb idea has been adapted from Thief, not Counter-Strike.

Comment

I find being flashed bad enough - you have to reach a wall if you dont want to be koed anyway so not only cant you see - but it is a risk to keep hunting the thief!

Comment

If flashbombs had a "bang" effect, thieves would lose stealth. If you flashed a solo guard, other guards far away would hear and come to their rescue.
        No Linux, No Choice.
        Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

If you want to change teh flashbombs make the screen pitch black not white, cause it hurts my eyes at night and my screen tends to make odd noises when he changes all of sudden from dark to white.
          kthxbye
          In the Future, One Duck Is The Law.

Comment

^ditto
            This is my cool sig.

Comment

Flashbang sounds absurd... :roll:
              However , we could use a second thief bomb : a smoke bomb releasing a dark cloud (darker than octopus ink in water) having a temporary effect on the guard's hearing (distorted sounds , perhaps alter unreal sound quality properties for that purpose)

Flashbomb would be only used against a group of guards , while smoke bomb is for disabling an isolated one to end a chase. Something weaker than the crack arrow , but easier to use.

Comment

yeah crack arrows are really bad as well - what is with you dev types - bunch of sadists or what?

In the course of a thievery game we can be blinded; made motion sick and now someone wants us to be deafend as well! I for one demand that guards can take out health insurance and get sick pay, either this or these "lords" (loki and such) are going to be facing hefty law suits! Ever heard of health and safety!!

(please note this is only joking - I am talking in character as a Guards and would never think of sueing the developers of this mod - but only cause I would probably lose )

Comment

Talking in-character is fun.

I've had to put your friends to sleep.
                  Looks like target practice
                  May the shadows guide me :swordthi:

Diary of a taffer:

May 54th, 1342:
                  Dear Diary,

Some upstart guard in the RLF beat me with his mace outside of Loki's mansion last night. I did manage to escape back into the water outside though, but I'm not stupid enough to go back in to get myself killed. I had to sit there....in the water, for 30 freakin minutes, just so I could get out of the darn place alive. Worse, the guards were yelling and cursing at me to hurry up. Fine, friends, expose those...nice...supple...necks to me, and I'll come out.

May 55th, 1342:
                  Dear Diary,

Some pals of mine and I took our magical submarine down to the Aquatone Research Facility. I was firebolted to death by a guard, but I guess it's all okay, because my friends managed to get 537 loot and 5 scrolls of what we believe are evidence. Uh oh, the guards are taking my roasted corpse to some sort of insane asylum, gtg. Hope my friends rescue me...

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Raven
                    In the course of a thievery game we can be blinded; made motion sick and now someone wants us to be deafend as well! I for one demand that guards can take out health insurance and get sick pay, either this or these "lords" (loki and such) are going to be facing hefty law suits! Ever heard of health and safety!!
                    I've already reported the elevator in Aquatone to OSHA. There needs to be a safety rail around that thing.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      Originally posted by Lost Raven
                      I've already reported the elevator in Aquatone to OSHA. There needs to be a safety rail around that thing.
                      Oh there are... But it's not build for rats.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                        Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        Oh there are... But it's not build for rats.
                        Oh no there's not! You know how many guards have fallen to their deaths off that thing?

Comment

Yeah, I crack CD all the time and he always falls off. Poor loser..
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

LMAO, I bet %50 of the guards that fell and died were from me.

I used to go camp up there with 5 cracks...
                            The only constant is change.
                            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Ummm... not even Counter-Strike has a "bang" for it's flashbangs...

I want a game that has a real "flashbang" sound; they sound REALLY cool, but nobody uses it for some damn reason. :x

I despise how all game developers like to write "authentic sounds!!11" on their boxes when they obviously aren't. I STILL have no idea what a Garand really sounds like, but MOH:AA has the best sounding one, methinks; lots of "oomph" to it...
                              TCO – Retired
                              Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Working...
                              X