Shooting Mines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Mines

Mines need to be set off my hitting them with a broadhead/Standard Bolt. Either one or 2 hits should set it off. This can also be used as a trap if you shoot it while a guard is close to it.

Good idea actually... I like it...
    Also a mine picked by a thief can be thrown in critical spot in order to eliminate a patrolling guard

Comment

Oh! Oh! Guards are allways paralysed! That would be cool too!

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
        Oh! Oh! Guards are allways paralysed! That would be cool too!
        :roll:

Well, to reply to the idea; There is no 'good' way for the thieves to encounter mines, other than lockpicking them (which usually takes more time than you have), jump over it (which is nearly impossible if it's in a doorway), or just step on it and pray for the best (and keep your finger on the healtpotion bind).

After they made the mines even deadlier, it's hard as hell to encounter or survive a mine if it's placed on a choke point, like in the doorways on BreakOut.

So yeah, I like the idea. But, maybe a mine should take 2-4 arrows before it blows up? I mean, we can't make it useless as a guard tool either - it needs to take some effort from the thieves to encounter.

Comment

I'd like it to be set at one arrow. If it's implemented, those things are small as hell and are likely hard to hit. If it would have to take more then 1 hit, make the collision boundary larger so you wouldn't need pinpoint accuracy.

Comment

That would just be to easy....
            Mines are already expensiv, and to see them blow up from one hit with an arrow... would suck.
            Whistlers can at least be repaired and moved around afterwards.

Comment

Yep, guards might have to start hiding mines, and thieves might have to actually watch out for them in more obscure places.

How many times do you tread on a mine that you've noticed anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Ř·mega
                If it would have to take more then 1 hit, make the collision boundary larger so you wouldn't need pinpoint accuracy.
                Good idea. Not too much tho, cause it isn't that hard to hit things with the bow.

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                Mines are already expensiv, and to see them blow up from one hit with an arrow... would suck.
                I agree to that, and that's why I suggested that 2-4 arrows were needed to blow up a mine.

Originally posted by Yenzarill
                How many times do you tread on a mine that you've noticed anyway?
                Oh, many times actually. Especially when I'm being chased.

Comment

I'm with omega on this one. 1 arrow.

Comment

I always use my jump over the trap tactic. Even when being chased. I'd rather be slowed down a little bit because you need 0.5 seconds to make a good jump, then to be paralized or killed by the mine.

Anyways this is an good idea, not orriginal ... it's suggested before, but it's good.
                    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

But mines are always put in doorways where you cant jump over them.

Comment

I'm with yenzeh. Mines should be very sensitive, and blow up when any larger weight is placed (and especially thrown) upon them. Even doors should set them off.
                        Also, mines should be a bit smaller, and much less detectable. It seems that gray works all too well with cals, tho maybe a bit darker, and if we also allow it to be as transparent as thieves are at 10% in dark areas, methinks guards have quite a good chance to catch thieves with it if they use their brain a little.
                        ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by SimpsonsChristmasBoogie
                          But mines are always put in doorways where you cant jump over them.
                          Oh, you can jump over mines easily, even when placed in doorways. Ever heard of crouch/long jump?

Comment

no

Comment

*Ahem*

http://www.thieveryut.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=577
                              "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

Working...
                              X