Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmm... Counterstrike, this reminded me of my Idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm... Counterstrike, this reminded me of my Idea...

Personally, I hate Counterstrike, (Infiltration Forever). But anyways, even HL had this sweet option of putting images onto walls... I think that it's going to be pretty funny for a thief to see a guard, who just got inside the tresuary and instead of seeing valuables he's seeing a huge glowing "Garret was HERE" sign...

Should be pretty easy to code...
    ]V[]V[

Comment

Yeah, it's like a simple decal... I guess I already saw similar mutator for UT...

Comment

To my knowledge, the UT version only allows use of a specific set of images.

As nice as it would be to have user-support for images, imagine the lag we'd have to put up with if every player decided to upload their favourite 1024 X 800 images to ths server when they log in (which all other players would have to subsequently download).

Comment

There was a spray-paint mutator for UT, though, that didn't involve user loaded images, but that would let someone "spraypaint" on a wall, "g4r3t wuz h3r3" or whatever, though.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
            There was a spray-paint mutator for UT, though, that didn't involve user loaded images, but that would let someone "spraypaint" on a wall, "g4r3t wuz h3r3" or whatever, though.
            Some sort of colored permanent pulse ray decal ? yay... I never truly finished a hammer&sicle picture (though you could see plenty of black "hearts" drawed around in UT) because of the decal lifespan. If Thievery doesn't lag with permanent corpses , permanent decals won't hurt the framerate too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
              Some sort of colored permanent pulse ray decal ? yay... I never truly finished a hammer&sicle picture (though you could see plenty of black "hearts" drawed around in UT) because of the decal lifespan. If Thievery doesn't lag with permanent corpses , permanent decals won't hurt the framerate too much.
              It wasn't something that just made the pulsegun spots permanent, though, it actually did colored spray on effects.

On permanent decals, though: There's another mutator for UT that does make the normal game decals last longer, or even be permanent, and it DOES lag machines quite a bit. My machine pulls an average of 60-70 fps in Thievery, at 1280X1024 resolution, with 32 bit color, high detail on everything, and hardware sound acceleration turned on, and THAT machine was taking so serious a performance hit by the end of a round that UT was nearly unplayable.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                Actually, there IS a mutator for UT which sprays pictures onto walls, which is what I was referring to.

See this review on modsquad: http://planetunreal.com/modsquad/asp/breviews.asp?352

(If the page gives you an error message, just keep refreshing till it loads)

Comment

We need this mod embedded into 1.5

Thief taunts aren't enough. We need visual taunts !

I don't think it would ruin the atmosphere at all... only if the pictures actually look like hand drawn ones (with a paint splash sound , as opposed to the HL spraypaint)

Comment

Aye. It would be nice to be in a roo with several guards, grab the obj, and on the way out, spray on the door. Would be a great taunt.
                    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                    "Dream is Destiny"
                    Waking Life

Comment

Are you suggesting that theese spray paints will be customisable or, picked from a selection given?
                      ~TuF~

Comment

Obviously customisable if possible

Comment

Customizeable if possible, but if it's a selection, so be it. (As long as you include "Garret wuz here")

Just don't make the default default spray be a tiny yellow UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsa
                            Customizeable if possible, but if it's a selection, so be it. (As long as you include "Garret wuz here")

Just don't make the default default spray be a tiny yellow UT.
                            Dont ya doubt the gods minds and making teh best tags.

(I bet there will be a "No crates" one... )

Comment

I want a 'SimpsonsChristmasBoogie was here!' one.

Comment

Working...
                              X