Two Bugs: Loot Respawn Game Bug and Nostalgia Map Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Bugs: Loot Respawn Game Bug and Nostalgia Map Bug

I'd like to report two bugs that were made very obvious during the RLF skirmish today.

Loot Respawn (game bug)

2nd round, when I was the last thief. Back up a little bit and we have three thieves alive (out of the initial four). Between the three of us, we do not have 1500 loot (more like 1200). Two thieves die. 100% dropped loot is in place. I had around 800. That means thieves lost about 400. I went to the stable and collected respawning loot until I had over 1500 loot. This should not be. Loot is respawning more than what was dropped. If thieves dropped 400 loot, how did I collect 700?

Can someone clarify if this bug has been eliminated already in 1.3 and my complaint is moot?

Nostalgia Flaw (map bug)

Thieves cannot escape from Nostalgia without a special item that must be bought beforehand. Namely, either lockpicks or a vine arrow. I had neither. Guards won.

I'd like to compare Nostalgia with other maps. Breakout: two of three exits are locked, but are lockpickable. If a thief does not have lockpicks, he can find the "outside key" and use that to open the doors. The third door is unlocked.

Korman: exits must be unlocked via a key found somewhere in the map.

Bourgeois: lockpicks are unnessesary to enter house, because a master key is provided.

I'd like to point out the redundancy theme. That's what makes Thievery maps so good, because there are always multiple ways to do something. Nostalgia, although it has two sewers and various points to vine, does not have a non-inventory option like, say, a back wall door that takes longer to get to and around, but is unlocked.
    "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Regarding the loot respawn bug, I looked into the code the other day when Aggamemnon brought this bug to my attention and saw the cause. The little blue loot pouches that thieves drop are returned to the level after X seconds, even if a guard has already returned them, so the map can receive the loot twice.

Fixed in 1.3.

Comment

Related Loot Bugs:

1) I noticed that if I die as a thief (with 1,000 loot) and run back to my body and collect the loot bags I end up with 1,000 loot AND an additional 1,000 loot respawns. It sounds like you fixed that already but I wanted you to check the "thief code" as well.

2) If I drop the lyre I believe that the lyre respawns but so does an additional 1,000 loot (on 100% dropped loot settings)

Thanks for the great game and fixing these problems, despite all my whinning.
      "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Buho:

There is a way off Nostalgia without a vine and without a lockpick.
        WildBill stacked crates and was able to mantle up onto the wooden platform and escape.

I would hate to see another esape route on that map, I don't think a lockpick or a vine arrow is too much to purchase, especially since you need a lockpick to open doors anyways.

A single thief on the team with a lockpick could easily unlock all the sewer lids before even entering the map.
        "A gerbil is a rodent, wretched creature and quite possibly represents yourself there unclean vile obsolete weak and live happily in there and others filth, they have caused plague and death to humans and nearly wiped us out" - industrialism

Comment

Wow, thanx, Dalai! That makes sense. I tried emulating that yesterday (solo) by dying with the lyre, then waiting for it to disappear on its own. When I grabbed again, it didn't respawn. (Didn't try MG's method.) I'm thinking that fix should fix all loot respawning problems. If a blue bag has been nabbed, it either returns once or not at all (depending on which team took it).

Like heck I could have stacked crates 2nd round. Not with you all patrolling. I typically don't by lockpicks because I rely on my teammates. Also, out of all the maps, I feel I really need lockpicks for about three or four of them. The others I can get by without them and use the 150 loot on crack, invis, or flashbombs. Besides, lockpicks can give away your location. Unfortunately, Nostalgia is on my list of maps that need a lockpick ops: (Asylum and AquaPatch are a few others, Korman and DE are not.)
          "Garlisk's got a lov-el-y bunch of coconuts."

Comment

bad guards distroy boxes
            On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
              bad guards distroy boxes
              The boxes are metal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
                Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                bad guards distroy boxes
                The boxes are metal.
                Like that matters. I've distroyed metal boxes like the wooden onces. Only, the metal boxes give the same "left overs" like the wooden. Bit wierd eh? metal boxes, but when ditroyed ... sudenly wood
                On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Actually, getting out involved more that crates, as I could only find two. I also stacked up two cooking pots, which I believe can not be destroyed, and then a crate on top of those and another crate lying around to let me get up onto the stack of stuff. But there is no chance in the nine hells that a thief could do that with guards around. On a side note, I now know of five ways into Nostalgia, with variants on each. ^_^
                  Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

About Nostalgia....

Maybe, just place a "Note"/"Tip" thingie in the objectives mentioning something about it.

"Nosce te ipsum et quies cortuum assequeris"

Comment

Working...
                    X