decoy thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decoy thieves

might i suggest that decoy thieves hold bows? it would explain the quite sound of the bow
    This is my cool sig.

Weird, I just thought about yesterday...

They can make a sphere with a lens on top (like the flashbomb), projecting the hologram in the air...

They should make same thing for guards, this way both parties can fool eachother...

Comment

You mean, keep each side guessing at whether they're looking at a computer player, a human player, or a decoy?

Sounds coo to me.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

I second Daniel's request : staying crouched and still is the most natural pose of a sharpshooter , while an unarmed thief usually runs somewhere (or at least doesn't remain in plain sight)

The decoy should have half the invis effect , so that guards are fooled easier : it would save much time to lure guards to the "sniping" decoy on the roof.

Comment

Still, if it is partially invisible guard will think that the thief is in a shadow, or even better, adjust the hologram transparecy just like for real players. This way thief can place a decoy in the shadow so flarescanners will loose significant amount of time trying to kill a decoy, giving thief a chance to run away...

Comment

How about, if you shoot a decoy arrow while crouched, the decoy will crouch and have a bow drawn, while if you shoot while standing (a little risky, better pick your time) the decoy will be standing, and will run away if approached by a guard?
            {CTG} Softy Guildmaster
            Contact details updated
            I want more than 255 characters in this sig dammit!

Comment

Or how about having the decoy do exactly what the 'owner' does?
              Maybe one could even inherit the decoy body? Then one could run around and draw swords and bows as one pleased.
              ]V[]V[

Comment

was that not do in jedi knight - the decoy was a mimick of the actual player... it has been so long I can quite remember

Comment

Remember Arnold, when he was on mars to unthaw frozen oxygen? He had this wrist watch that created a hologram of himself only a couple of meters away. He used it to trick guards...

Comment

Wow, a Total Recall there, NS. :roll:
                    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                    "Dream is Destiny"
                    Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                      Wow, a Total Recall there, NS. :roll:
                      Just what I was thinking.

:lol: :grin: :lol:
                      "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Originally posted by Netspider
                        Remember Arnold, when he was on mars to unthaw frozen oxygen? He had this wrist watch that created a hologram of himself only a couple of meters away. He used it to trick guards...
                        I always kindof wondered why he never instantly froze himself (at the end) if he was walking through a cavern full of frozen oxygen. Do you know what temperature is required to freeze oxygen?

(Stupid physics quibbles aside, Total Recall is one of my all-time fave action films)

Comment

Just thort id come along and say something controversial: Holographic decoys wouldn't really work for me. Think about it, it's medieval times alryt theres sum element of fantasy/ sligtly futuristic tech involved but do you really think that holograms would fit in?? Also I think it can be hard enough hunting around for thieves without having a decoy to put you off even more. As a final point, if used correctly aren't decoy arrows more effective? If you're hiding and a guard comes ur way they're more likely to believe that a bunch of footsteps are a thief running away than if they happen to see a thief appear and just sit around doing nothing.

Perhaps with some thought the idea COULD work, but with holograms?? Personally i wudn't be a fan... maybe a straw dummy that makes footstep sounds or something like that (but then again would you be likely to see a thief sneaking round with guy fawkes on his back??

PT
                          You ain't seen me, right!?

Comment

Well, You know, I'll not agree with that. Original Thief Games had their atmosphere, which has some magic, some mechanics, even some sort of electrical lighting. If stuff like whatchers (camera) and whistlers ("motion detector") aren't bothering you then why should a hologram bother you? Going simply medieval without all said stuff would be very boring, IMHO.

Comment

I didnt mean I wanted it 2 be totally medieval, but to stick with thief atmos... i just think that holograms are a long way from mechanised "watchers" etc. But thats just my opinion. :-D

PT
                              You ain't seen me, right!?

Comment

Working...
                              X