Autodeath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodeath

I was playing SP last night, and exploring a few levels using the ghost/god cheats. Well, for some reason, every now and then, I'd literally "fall" from where ever I was until I hit some kind of floor, and die immediately. As soon as I'd spawn, if I didn't retype in ghost before I clicked in, I would "fall" and die again. This happened numerous times, on numerous maps. The thing, I think, that triggered it sometimes was reading a book or scroll because as soon as I'd click out of it, I'd fall and die. I even restarted TUT and it did again. I got pissed and went to bed.

Any ideas?
    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
    "Dream is Destiny"
    Waking Life

Happened to me once, I just typed fly then walk and it never happended again.
    ]V[]V[

Comment

Un-ghost before reading books. Don't touch ladders.
      Ah, to be a hero. Keeping such company...

Comment

it's a common bug when you spawn and have ghost on, you fall and die.
        On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Basically you fall to hell and die.

It's that, or your computer would crash.

Pick one.

The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I had this happen to me...only i wasn't using ghost or anything for that matter....it was in Korman in the attic of the rectory....i was just standing up there...decided i'd go smash some crates broke 5 of em...and then i Just fell throught the floor past everything and cratered...right after my computer crashed

Comment

Errblah...

Crates = danger.

Playing with crates without knowledge about their glitchiness means trouble. Make sure you're never standing on a crate when you destroy it, or pick it up.
              The only constant is change.
              (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Dont mess with the crates!

Anyways... Crates are the best traps, evar! Thieves almost always crater in Bourgeois when trying to climb my fortress to get to the safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                  I was playing SP last night, and exploring a few levels using the ghost/god cheats. Well, for some reason, every now and then, I'd literally "fall" from where ever I was until I hit some kind of floor, and die immediately. As soon as I'd spawn, if I didn't retype in ghost before I clicked in, I would "fall" and die again. This happened numerous times, on numerous maps. The thing, I think, that triggered it sometimes was reading a book or scroll because as soon as I'd click out of it, I'd fall and die. I even restarted TUT and it did again. I got pissed and went to bed.

Any ideas?
                  Old unreal tourn bug.. well..maybe its TUT only... if you fly around and ghost a lot, then die, you spawn in between floors and it goes crate bug on you and you die immediately... even if you use ghost and fly up 10 feet, turn walk back on it will slowly lower you half way into the ground, and you die. Only way to fix it i think is to use fly as opposed to ghost.

Comment

Working...
                  X