firebolt limit definitely needed in TUT 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firebolt limit definitely needed in TUT 1.5

its becoming more and more obvious that the firebolts either need to be nerfed to a smaller explosion radius, or limited to 2 bolts per loadout. Even the most skilled thief is easily killed by someone with 8 firebolts and another guard with sword to finish the job. And before all you hotshots start screaming "oh firebolts are easy to dodge, i dodge them all the time"...lemme just say... BULLSHIT. You may dodge many.. but dont think for a minute that you dodge them all. Even if you extinguish them, Guards can get on fire and run past you and light you back up. This just makes thieves wanna Kill instead of KO. A few suggestions:

1. Limit Firebolts to 2 max

2. lessen the radius of the explosion

3. Don't let guards catch fire... after all they are wearing METAL! if they want to be lit up let them be tagged or use flare.

I'd personally like to see 1 and 3 implemented. But at least one of the above.. not necessarily all of them.

Nerf the firebolts, and reduce thief speed bonus.

ATM, fire is the only thing that can let a guard catch up to a thief. Well, other then well-aimed para bolts...

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary
      Nerf the firebolts, and reduce thief speed bonus.

ATM, fire is the only thing that can let a guard catch up to a thief. Well, other then well-aimed para bolts...
      yea parabolts.. guard need like a paralyzing gas bolt.. similar to crack smoke.. but make it a purple smoke that causes teh teefs to be paralyzed and cough. para bolts are just wasted money since they are so easy to miss.

Comment

Parabolts are probably one of my favorite things in TUT. I like to use them a lot... but yeah, I've been wanting the firebolts to be nerfed since I've joined TUT. Personally, I like ideas 1 and 3 very much. I admit, I use firebolts. But I never have more than one, and the only reason I usually use them is if I KNOW a thief is there, or I shoot it at a watered torch to retake an area (Hallway in Gerome).
        Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
        "Dream is Destiny"
        Waking Life

Comment

One of my guard loadouts has a single firebolt in it, and sure they're a good tactical weapon and should be used. But I agree it's pretty annoying and a bit lame when someone is stacked up on them and spamming like hell after a fleeing thief.
          Nightmaster,
          .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
          - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Agreed, My loadout has a single firebolt in it which I use if I know a theif is there and I deem the situation worthy of needing one, I wouldn't miss the extra 7 i could have.

It's EXTREMELY frustrating to have a firespamming guard on your tail setting you alight each time you put yourself out.

~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
              its becoming more and more obvious that the firebolts either need to be nerfed to a smaller explosion radius, or limited to 2 bolts per loadout. Even the most skilled thief is easily killed by someone with 8 firebolts and another guard with sword to finish the job. And before all you hotshots start screaming "oh firebolts are easy to dodge, i dodge them all the time"...lemme just say... BULLSHIT. You may dodge many.. but dont think for a minute that you dodge them all. Even if you extinguish them, Guards can get on fire and run past you and light you back up. This just makes thieves wanna Kill instead of KO. A few suggestions:

3. Don't let guards catch fire... after all they are wearing METAL! if they want to be lit up let them be tagged or use flare.

I'd personally like to see 1 and 3 implemented. But at least one of the above.. not necessarily all of them.
              I disagree.
              Deftones

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN
                (Nothing real special)
                I disagree.
                Descriptive, that is.

I take 2 firebolts or 0, mostly, and admittedly sometimes take 6 and a sword. But I could just as well do without 6, it's mostly for being a royal pain and doesn't usually work too well anyway. Need speed pots...

Comment

Originally posted by SeEManN

I disagree.
                  Well I disagree with your disagreeal! :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                    Parabolts are probably one of my favorite things in TUT. I like to use them a lot... but yeah, I've been wanting the firebolts to be nerfed since I've joined TUT. Personally, I like ideas 1 and 3 very much. I admit, I use firebolts. But I never have more than one, and the only reason I usually use them is if I KNOW a thief is there, or I shoot it at a watered torch to retake an area (Hallway in Gerome).
                    I've always liked how you operate, Curu.

Ditto that. Although I've hardly had any chance at all to play a guard, let alone enough time to form my own strategy.

But Curu's sounds fair.
                    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                    even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                    of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

I LOVE FIREBOLTS I WISH THEY WERE CHEAPER SO I COULD BUY MORE!!!!! AND ALSO THE BLAST NEEDS TO BE BIGGER SO I DON'T HAVE TO USE TOO MANY WHEN I GO FIRESPAMMING FOLLY'S SPAWN POINTS!!!!!
                      This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
                        I LOVE FIREBOLTS I WISH THEY WERE CHEAPER SO I COULD BUY MORE!!!!! AND ALSO THE BLAST NEEDS TO BE BIGGER SO I DON'T HAVE TO USE TOO MANY WHEN I GO FIRESPAMMING FOLLY'S SPAWN POINTS!!!!!
                        (Slaps head and begins to cry) :|

~TuF~

Comment

Well, great minds think alike, TG!
                          Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                          "Dream is Destiny"
                          Waking Life

Comment

I *NEVER* buy firebolts.

Or traps.

I buy a sword and helmet, tags and para.

Comment

The 2 firebolts limit seems very reasonable , it would encourage firespamming heathens to embrace the light of the Tag Bolt.
                              Mad Gerbil used to firespam a lot , but he soon discovered that camping spots with caltrops , mines and a sword was funnier and much more effective (and became nastier)
                              It's true that the parabolt is underused and not always effective , especially when thieves are strafing. The paralysis should last 12-13 seconds instead of 9 atm (to reward sharpshooter guards) or the bolt should cost 40 gp.
                              Guards should never catch fire without taking any damage, then set thieves on fire... that's both illogical and unbalanced. It has to be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X