No announcement yet.

Ice arrows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This means that you have to shoot them in the legs to achive this. Shooting in the torso could slow them down (aiming), because lube in armor joints will freese...

Comment

Originally posted by Oie
      Actually, I kind of like the idea of an ice arrow. What if, when shot at the ground, it creates an ice patch which will reduce friction on the affected surface causing anyone who travels over it to move slowly and/or slide uncontrollably. Is that even possible to script?
      That's what I was thinking. It would need to be a huge patch though, and maybe use the "feign death" feature from UT to make it seem like they fell, as it takes a second or two to get up from that position.
      The only constant is change.
      (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

You shouldnt have to shoot into the legs!
        You should only shoot somewhere on the body!
        It would only look great when there would be a nice little ice block on the feet of the guard so that you can see that he is freezed (but only for a view seconds)
        The arrow mustnt make a slippy ground or an other thing it should only be a nice little paralyze weapon for the thiefes!
        I mean the guards have 2 different fire bolts (Tag and Fire)why shouldent have the Thiefes have two different paralyze arrows(crack isnt real paralyze but its a bit)

Comment

I don't think the thieves need any additional ways to incapacitate a guard for the purposes of a quick blackjack. If a guard slips and falls there is no way a thief can bj him while he is down because A) the guard is on his back and B) if a thief tries to run to the guard he will slip and fall too. Hilarity ensues. Did I mention I like this idea?

Comment

DAAAAAILLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

LOOOOOKIEEE HEEEEEREEEEEEEE!
            The only constant is change.
            (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

If you're looking to play with Germans, Shadoweye, perhaps Mikeson will let you join his clan? I know that it has a few members, and from what I hear from Seemann it's not much more than a community, if I understand correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoweye
                HI I'm playing Thievery since 1 week online!
                And I think that this game is really cool!
                lies lies lies! ALIAS!

Comment

The flashbomb incapacitates anyone looking at it (wide range) ; the crack incapacitates anyone crossing the small psychoactive cloud : there's still room left for a 3rd thief non lethal weapon. While paralysis would be generally bad (guard becomes BJ bait or may be killed by swordthieves) , friction altering sounds both funny and balanced. While it would be of no use in a narrow corridor (guard would keep sliding) , it would give a last chance for the heavily chased thief carrying objectives or stuff.

Here's how the arrow would work : making an ice wave on impact that changes friction settings to 0 for anyone caught within the effect radius (including the archer) for a good while (longer than crack)

The funniest weapon of the Rocket Crowbar mod being the anti-friction grenade (same effects , gives negative friction...)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
                    DAAAAAILLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

LOOOOOKIEEE HEEEEEREEEEEEEE!
                    If you want your "dolly" that badly you don't have to cry so hard.

Comment

Ill make a list what the ice arrow will cause!
                      But ill make it tomorrow!
                      Goo night and sleep well!

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                        Originally posted by Shadoweye
                        P.S.Does somebody know a good german player (no noob)
                        Freaky Alien is a very skilled German player.
                        yes he is! Also "Brody" a.k.a. "Chief_Brody" a.k.a. "Thief_Brody" and more.
                        He is another skilled player.. until I ko him silly! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                          Originally posted by Taffergirl
                          And don't worry. Most suggestions around here are discounted. Mine too.
                          I think TDan holds the record for most ideas shot down.

When was the last time that someone agreed with one of my ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
                            When was the last time that someone agreed with one of my ideas?
                            Well, I can't remember WHEN, but I remember you came up with an idea that I liked. Don't recall what it was though....

It's OK, TDan, we still love you for your scripting skills.

Comment

How about an ice arrow that makes a small surface area have a surface friction of nearly nothing... could be fun to watch guards tripping up as you run off.

It's also probably impossible to code.

Comment

Hmm I thought that was what my suggestion said. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X