Grappling Hook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grappling Hook

To get up on high buildings that dont have wood for vine arrow.

Just like a vine but a Grappling Hook...
    hehe.... this is a sig no?

Oooooo!

I likes this idea.

Too many times have seen me wanting to get to the rooftops, and no wood to use the rope/vine arrows on.
    "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
    even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
    of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

would make it kinda easy for thieves to escape, n e way it also nullifyies the need for rope arrows
      This is my cool sig.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
        would make it kinda easy for thieves to escape, n e way it also nullifyies the need for rope arrows
        The vine arrows don't always work the way they should, and rope arrows would still be useful in areas where there would be no room for a grappling hook to attatch.

Grappling hooks have to actually loop around, or fly slightly over an object in order to attatch.
        "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
        even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
        of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Ok Daniel... How many times have you seen an old taffer WITHOUT a Grappling hook??? I havn't...

Ok, I will escape easily now when I have all the loot... WTF!?! No wood!!! I whold really need a hook right now...

To hang on the edge of a roof or something...

Comment

Hmm, usage of vine arrows depends on mappers... For example in the church at Skelston Head in between 2 huge doors there's a small corridor with a torch on the wall. Ceiling looks like wood, but it's only a texture, vine arrow doesn't work there....
            This kinda sux... Better to make a vine arrow with an adhesive tip, instead of metal bolt (whatever, hopefully you've got the point). So it will glue to the surface instead of getting stuck in it...

This could be good because they can make "bad glue" causing the arrow to fall after a couple of uses... Imagine guard is trying to climb up the vine and he falls down because he's too heavy because of the armor, but thieves can use it no matter what. Because they are skinny.

Comment

Well, Same stuff really...

Comment

I think that the vine arrow is enough!

Comment

Not really, vine is only working with a wooden surface. Adhesive can work with everything.

Comment

I think that it's a good idea... Team???

Comment

Which one? Grappling Hook or adhesive tip vine?

Comment

The Vine is already usefull enough imho... but there are other possibilities : there could be an enchanted rope (in mage - themed map) that unrolls to a certain length from the ground , allowing its owner to climb it before the spell wears off.

Or mages could wallrun (matrix style) for the spell duration.

Comment

bad idea that has been brought up many times.

a grappling hook not only nullifies the use of the vine arrow, but it also makes it impossible for a mapper to set boundaries around his map. the reason you can't get onto a rooftop when there's no texture there is because YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO. if you were suddenly able to move to any point on the map that you wanted (which a grappling hook like you described would let you do), you would ruin any sense of illusion the mapper had in place. Believe it or not, there are places in maps you were not meant to go.
                          I'm not so bad... Once you get to know me.

Comment

Hehehehe, I know, I've fallen off and got trapped in most of them!
                            ~TuF~

Comment

Originally posted by Thwark
                              bad idea that has been brought up many times.

a grappling hook not only nullifies the use of the vine arrow, but it also makes it impossible for a mapper to set boundaries around his map. the reason you can't get onto a rooftop when there's no texture there is because YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO. if you were suddenly able to move to any point on the map that you wanted (which a grappling hook like you described would let you do), you would ruin any sense of illusion the mapper had in place. Believe it or not, there are places in maps you were not meant to go.
                              Erm... Why didn't someone tell me already?!

Comment

Working...
                              X