Team Theifmatch/co-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Theifmatch/co-op

i was playing co-op and i was think about thiefmatch. Then i thought, what if we corssd to two and we have 2 teams of thiefs against each other and trying to do the obj. this will be fun and add some more variance to thief match/ co-op
    Boss: Can you at least make coffee?
    Guy: It didn't work out at my last job
    Boss: where did you last work?
    Guy: Starbucks

I'll have to say that sounds like a really good idea. However it would be tricky for one thief to distinguish between his mate and the two opposing thiefs at first glance.

Perhaps if opposing team's thiefs glowed blue, rather than red wen in the dark.. something like that, maybe that'd help.

I'd certainly play "Duel co-op" or wateva it'd be called.

PT
    You ain't seen me, right!?

Comment

I originally thought this was how Thiefmatch worked, and told everyone so, leading to a fine game where all the thieves snuck around in paranoia and performed at least 50% better as Thieves than they usually do.

Then it turned out that although it counts loot in your total, you still need to kill each other to 'complete' the map. Which ruined it a bit. I got the impression that Thieves would be competing against each other to steal, not run each other through.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumsie_taker
        I'll have to say that sounds like a really good idea. However it would be tricky for one thief to distinguish between his mate and the two opposing thiefs at first glance.

Perhaps if opposing team's thiefs glowed blue, rather than red wen in the dark.. something like that, maybe that'd help.
        Currently in thiefmatch you can't see the other thieves. I would think that you would only be able to see your teammates outlines and not your opponents similar to the way guards can't see thieves.

Personally, I don't like the confrontational style of Thiefmatch. I'd play it if it was a race to see who got the objectives first.
        Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

It used to be a race to complete the objectives, and well.. sneaking and racing don't go very well together

Comment

Dalai speaks!!
            This is my cool sig.

Comment

Personally,I liked the old thiefmatch better.Where people sneaked around and you never knew when a thief was gonna pop out of the shadows.Also, it was good to take a break from the normal thievery,because with infinite lives you could really mess around and do funny stuff.In the new version,people just spam fire/tag arrows and I don't like being forced to kill the other thieves.And with other people joining anytime during the game and starting with full lives,it kinda defeats the purpose.

Comment

Objective-based completion is the way to go, no matter what it takes to keep people from climbing over each other to get in and out. I've already found that intermediate players who aren't yet running through maps in a routine manner make for a very entertaining game, discounting the required murdering at the end.

Killing should naturally be a part of the mode, but to an end, not for the sake of it. A bit of objective tweaking to make the single objective maps less of a flashpoint would instantly turn Thiefmatch into the perfect third mode (or second, since co-op is basically Thieves v Guards with the balance turned off).

Comment

Originally posted by Dalai
                  It used to be a race to complete the objectives, and well.. sneaking and racing don't go very well together
                  Thiefmatch in Nostalgia is a race to the objective now... because the thief who grabs the Lyre has just about 2 loadouts worth of potions , arrows and items.

Comment

Working...
                  X