No announcement yet.

Crack bombs instead of crack arrows...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crack bombs instead of crack arrows...

Crack arrows should be replaced with crackbombs (similar to flash bomb)

If you're running away what are your chances to get the bow (which will slow you down), charge in, turn aroud and shoot.... Ha.. You'd be killed right away... but dropping a nice crack bomb after you will create desired effect and it will give you to possibility to run away smoothly.

I also think that such bombs should be primary weapons, not an inventory items. Then you could trow them with primary fire and drop them nicely with alternative fire...

I had this thought for a while now....never posted it because i think they want you to have to slow down to use the crack arrow... but yes it would be very useful to drop a crack bomb behind you as u are being chased so the guard walks right into it and u can get away. It is a practical idea i think, lets see what everyone else thinks about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Netspider
      Crack arrows should be replaced with crackbombs (similar to flash bomb)

If you're running away what are your chances to get the bow (which will slow you down), charge in, turn aroud and shoot....
      hehe, you don't need to turn aroud... just run straight and fire it straight into the ground... Always work if the guards are close to ya... :twisted:
      hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

You don't use crack arrows at long distance much anyway.

Comment

I foresee thieves charging guards with swords and crackbombs to take them out one by one.

Bad idea this one.

Comment

Maybe you have to take the bow out, turn around and shoot, but it costs 50 BL.
            JM

Comment

Good idea, but it would ruin balance.

Sorry, as much as I do truely like this as a concept I have to agree with virus in that the new item would just be abused.

Crack spamming would be easy because there is no firing rate on inventory items, so a whole wall of crack could be made in under a second!
              ~TuF~

Comment

How about a bomb that paralyzes (only decreases velocity, not rotation) the guard(s) and anyone close by? I think thieves finally need a weapon that is hard to use in offense, but easy in defence.
                ]V[]V[

Comment

2Kain, if you'll shoot in front of you you'll get same chanses to step into the crack cloud as guards, besides, if they see it they can run around it, not through it. But if you'll drop a nice surprise and crack bomb will go off right in front of the guards they won't be able to do much...

2 V12US

Well, even if guard is high on crack, he's still able to use his sword...

anyways...

What about using suck bombs (crack, flash, smoke?? (maybe/hopefully) as primary weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
                    I foresee thieves charging guards with swords and crackbombs to take them out one by one.

Bad idea this one.
                    Why would this be any worse than the current situation with crack arrows/flashbombs?

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat

Bad idea this one.
                      Why would this be any worse than the current situation with crack arrows/flashbombs?
                      'Crack bombs' are easier to hit, Anyone who knows how to properly use a flashbomb knows what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Netspider
                        2Kain, if you'll shoot in front of you you'll get same chanses to step into the crack cloud as guards, besides, if they see it they can run around it, not through it. But if you'll drop a nice surprise and crack bomb will go off right in front of the guards they won't be able to do much...
                        Ok, try this in multiplayer... a guard starts chasing you, You might get tagged but that makes it easier...

You run straight ahead and fire a crack straight into the ground when the guard is almost in Mace distance... Guard get cracked! I have done this like 20 times online...
                        hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

'Crack bombs' are easier to hit, Anyone who knows how to properly use a flashbomb knows what I'm talking about.
                          Unless I'm misunderstanding what a crackbomb would be, it'd be even HARDER to hit with one than with a flashbomb. A flashbomb only needs to hit in the target's line of sight for some blinding effect. A crackbomb would have to hit almost right on it's target for that little crack cloud to effect it.

Either way, I don't see there being much difference, when a thief decides to take a sword and kill off guards. Flash or crackbomb/arrow, the result is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Kain
                            Ok, try this in multiplayer... a guard starts chasing you, You might get tagged but that makes it easier...

You run straight ahead and fire a crack straight into the ground when the guard is almost in Mace distance... Guard get cracked! I have done this like 20 times online...
                            I found this a great way to crack myself. I also found it a great way to let guards run unaffected through the clouds during lagtime.
                            ]V[]V[

Comment

Hmm, this sounds like a interesting idea.But to counterbalance it,you would have to make it a little more expensive or make the crack not last as long.

Comment

Working...
                              X