(Crack / Paralize) Antidote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Crack / Paralize) Antidote

Antidote that will remove all effects from crack (4guards) and from parabolts (4thieves).

Nope.

Parabolts and crack arrows are skill weapons , they are only effective in the hands of a sharpshooter , and don't cost much. They are quite underused at the moment , and I can't see how anyone could swallow a potion while being cracked or paralyzed...

This would be too specialized as a counter : the moss arrows aren't used often (well perhaps against RLFs :wink as they are only usefull against caltrops (which have quite a big strategic value though) , while everyone uses water arrows all the time since they can douse torches , put out fire from firebolts , and disable whistlers. It's worth buying repair tools as a guard , it can save a 120 loot investment and the vital supply chest. Anyways , there are free counters to a few attacks , like using flares to relit torches and jumping into water when you're tagged.

An unlucky paralyzed thief can still move a bit... he can either drink an invis potion or throw a flashbomb to have a chance of escaping , but theses cost 100 loot , and they're not designed to escape from a single guard. The thief has to pay for exposing himself and not even avoiding bolts. And guards hitting moving thieves with a single parabolt can't be found anywhere...

A cracked guard , on the other hand , isn't defenseless , just slightly disabled. He can't aim well , but can still inflict the same damage (never underestimate a cracked guard in a small room... Poe taught me that few days ago)
    Thieves sharpshooters have an even harder job to hit guards , since the crack arrow is heavy and they have to compensate arcing more. If they shoot guards at point blank range , they can crack themselves too.

To conclude , I don't see the point of adding a new potion to counter theses attacks. It would just add more frustration , just imagine...

You dislodge a hiding thief by throwing flares or shooting tags , then chase him using a speed potion , then catch him with a parabolt out of extreme luck... and the taffer drinks 2 potions and runs away with impunity.

You plan an assault on an objective room , give the door keys to your teammates , share flashbombs and potions , sneak to the positions , then release your arrows simultaneously on clueless guards. One of you takes the objective... eats a firebolt , doused by an other one. Several guards cracked during the attack , and the last thief shoots the last crack arrow in the doorway to cover the escape. Then 3 guards run through it unaffected and terminate the whole thief team.

Is it the way you want to play Thievery ?

Comment

I was thinking more like drinking this potion AFTER being cracked/paralized. If drinked before - actually make person cracked/paralized...

Any new addition to the game will ruin the balance more or less. But it can be restored with price or other effects. For example temporary heaing loss, or shaky hands... (To reduce aiming ability).

Comment

I don't think crack should be countered... but I think paras should be countered with a speed pot.
        The only constant is change.
        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
          I don't think crack should be countered... but I think paras should be countered with a speed pot.
          So you want a thief to be able to run away with only one potion ?...

The parabolt is the hardest guard weapon to use , it shouldn't have any counter. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
            The parabolt is the hardest guard weapon to use
            Not if you are an AI...
            ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
              So you want a thief to be able to run away with only one potion ?...

The parabolt is the hardest guard weapon to use , it shouldn't have any counter. Period.
              I don't think that's what he said at all. He said the effects of a parabolt should be countered by a speed potion. That's a far cry from automatically being able to run away. Any tagbolts would still be in effect, and the thief would still be subject to further parabolts and regular bolts.

Comment

A.) NO, we have enough inventory to choose from already leave the stuff as is.
                b.) Wat we need is better texturing, models, and I'll throw in a zoom button for good measure.
                FOR GODS GLORY!!

Comment

Originally posted by hallowedwarrior
                  b.) Wat we need is better texturing, models, and I'll throw in a zoom button for good measure.
                  Zoom button? But see, that sounds like a speed potion again.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    I believe, correct me if I am wrong, he is making a reference to T2. Garrett can *zoom* in with his eyes, since he got a mechanical eye in T2. No need for a telescope. I have thought about that myself, would be a nice feature to have.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                      Wat are you talking about? There is a big difference between a speed potion: makes you go hell a fast.

and a zoom button: lets you...well zoom in so you can see things that are far away.
                      FOR GODS GLORY!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenArts
                        I believe, correct me if I am wrong, he is making a reference to T2. Garrett can *zoom* in with his eyes, since he got a mechanical eye in T2. No need for a telescope. I have thought about that myself, would be a nice feature to have.
                        Yeah, I know what he meant. But, you see....

LaughingRat <-- smartass

Comment

I mean the speed pot would CANCEL a para, but not act like a normal speed.
                          The only constant is change.
                          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Working...
                          X