Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious Thievery UT2003 suggestion board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Thievery UT2003 suggestion board.

Hello everyone on this board, i´m Turbo and i´m here to discuss a bit of serious of matter namely Thievery UT2003 version if it will be released that is but i´m not taking any chances. As i said before, i´m here discuss the UT2003 conversion of Thievery and here are my own FAQs:

Why the UT2k3 engine?
    Because its one of the best (or the best) graphics engine up-to-date.

Pros:
    Complex lightning and shadow effects support for pushing the surroundings to the extreme.

Enhanced coding allowing realtime combineable animations to save time and grace and for creating amazingly intelligent AI that will sneak up on ya.

Eye popping psychics allowing any custom-made models to be fully collideable with the environment including bouncing, rolling, rotational acceleration etc.... And with the new "Ragdoll" technology which makes death animations ultra real.

Cons:
    Nuttin´

Why not the Unreal 2 engine?
    No netcode.

So now that we are all convinced that Thievery and the UT2003 engine would make an excellent combination, right? And now for my suggestions:

Thiefs

Headshot with arrows will instantly kill but not on targets wearing helmets.
    Sounds cowardly but it takes extreme precision to make a headshot over ranges.
    When bots relize that they are under arrow fire they will draw their shields and try to protect themselfs from any incoming arrows while guards without ones seeks for cover or warning other guards. And one more thing, Dont think about taking out a guard with a bow when somebody is watching because you probably dont want a swarm of bolts in the direction where the arrow came from.

Shadow Cloak: A cloak which eliminates the casting shadow figure of your character.
    Pros: Good for sneaking up on somebody and passing guards easier.
    Cons: High price for those who need it.
    The cloak will loose effect if fire harms it like flares or tagbolts.

Grappling Hook: A four ended fishing hook attached to a rope for climbing.
    Pros: An easier way for sneaking in to buildings.
    Cons: Trying to hook on solid surfaces will result in alot of clang and screeching noises and a much less chance to hook in to something.
    Guards can kick the hook back down which would be bad if you were the sorry one climbing the rope.
    (Bots will kick the hook if you were at a killing height and if you were not, they would make you their pincushion instead.)

I haven´t been thinking much of the guards yet but send in any other suggestions that you have but keep in mind the following things before sending:

This is NOT an action mod so do not suggest things like faster sword striking :swordthi: or anything because that will be totally n00b , its about avoiding combat at all costs.
    (This is Thievery, people! Not some Team Fortress thing)
    :swordthi:
    Try to focus on how hard it should be instead of how easy it should be.
    The harder the more exciting gameplay but not too hard.
    Practice makes perfect so stop your bitching.

Thiefs

Headshot with arrows will instantly kill but not on targets wearing helmets.
    Sounds cowardly but it takes extreme precision to make a headshot over ranges.
    When bots relize that they are under arrow fire they will draw their shields and try to protect themselfs from any incoming arrows while guards without ones seeks for cover or warning other guards. And one more thing, Dont think about taking out a guard with a bow when somebody is watching because you probably dont want a swarm of bolts in the direction where the arrow came from.
    This is easy... (For me anyways... )

Shadow Cloak: A cloak which eliminates the casting shadow figure of your character.
    Pros: Good for sneaking up on somebody and passing guards easier.
    Cons: High price for those who need it.
    The cloak will loose effect if fire harms it like flares or tagbolts.

You can already sneek past them...

Grappling Hook: A four ended fishing hook attached to a rope for climbing.
    Pros: An easier way for sneaking in to buildings.
    Cons: Trying to hook on solid surfaces will result in alot of clang and screeching noises and a much less chance to hook in to somethings
    Guards can kick the hook back down which would be bad if you were the sorry one climbing the rope.
    (Bots will kick the hook if you were at a killing height and if you were not, they would make you their pincushion instead.)
    Already discussed... There are places in the maps where the players sholdn't go to...

And the final thing...

The DEV team don't have the time to make a completly nem mod... Everything's new then... It will take time to learn for the ones who don't know the engine and there isn't many Thief players that know the UT2k3 engine[/code]
    hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

First of all, welcome to the board Turbo.

Second of all, this has been discussed numerous of times before. Yes, many of us woul dlike to see Thievery converted to use the UT2003 engine, but it requires too much work.

And btw, Thief 3 is around the corner (well, a year or so), and it is based on a modified UT2003 engine. Most probably, Thief 3 won't have a multiplayer - so there's the chance to make a multiplayer for the UT2003 engine. (I hope)

Comment

Yes, I think that we should all wait for Thief 3.

ThieveryUT is still evolving, I don't think we need a new mod.

The question is: What is WRONG with Thievery as it is now?

Comment

Originally posted by Yenzarill

I agree. It's just spoilt little kiddies who keep on wanting more.

Comment

Originally posted by hAiNeSy
            Originally posted by Yenzarill

I agree. It's just spoilt little kiddies who keep on wanting more.
            Doc, please give me some pills againt greed; mooore, MOOOOREEE...

Comment

UT 2003? why? it would result in mass migration to that and UT would become derelict and barren. THose who don't have it (like ME i'm really poor when it comes tyo buying new games)would be left behind. Not many people have UT2003 for it to be worth it anyway.

Nice suggestions tho. I get headshots wiht bows everytime i fire. Make thieveing a LOT easier for me!
              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Originally posted by Radamanthus
                UT 2003? why? it would result in mass migration to that and UT would become derelict and barren. THose who don't have it (like ME i'm really poor when it comes tyo buying new games)would be left behind. Not many people have UT2003 for it to be worth it anyway.
                I've pointed this out before: By the time Thievery was ported, UT2003 would be dirt cheap, like UT is now. When UT first came out, its price was about what UT2003's price is. Now, you can get it for $6 US, if you look around a bit, and $10 US even if you don't. I have every confidence that each and every person on this forum can save up $10 over the course of 2 or more years.

Except Jarvis, of course.

Comment

Also, with thief 3, everything will already be there. They'll (and I hope to make it in the team, if it ever happens) just need to make some maps and add just a little bit of things.
                  JM

Comment

Nice suggestions tho. I get headshots wiht bows everytime i fire. Make thieveing a LOT easier for me!
                    UT2k3 don't work on my comp... :cry:
                    hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

Only way I'd EVER buy UT2k3 is if there was a better version of TUT for it, and I doubt that'll happen...
                      Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                      "Dream is Destiny"
                      Waking Life

Comment

Hi.
                        It´s me again, Turbo.
                        I just wanted say that i´am sorry about posting up old subjects .
                        It was really my first one but hey, shit happens!
                        Guess i got too enthusiastic.

I really respect the Thievery UT team for what they did and i would like to apoligize
                        to them for pulling thier legs and everything. And instead of suggesting, i think
                        we all should support them so they would have enough strength to continue and to avoid depression.

"The most important part of making great games is enjoying them yourself."
                        Turbo, when he posted this.
                        Practice makes perfect so stop your bitching.

Comment

I just got ut2k3

it's nice, but it doesn't fit with thievery all too well....everything would have to be redone too.
                          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

I just got ut2k3

it's nice, but it doesn't fit with thievery all too well....everything would have to be redone too.
                            Lol?
                            Did UT fit with thievery well?!

Comment

Did UT fit with thievery well?!
                              yes after all look at Thieves Den

Would be better to have Thievery for the ut2k3 demos (the 1080 version where you had better admin control over a server )

everyone can get the demos free after all now if only there was a demo ued3........
                              [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Working...
                              X