Uniform Theif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform Theif

I was just wondering, This has sort of been posted before...... but. Maybe a theif could steal guard uniform, and his name changed to look like ai on guard side, but his regular name would still be the same shown on theif side, i dont know if yall think this is a good idea so help me out here
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Originally posted by Bulletstopper
    I was just wondering, This has sort of been posted before...... but. Maybe a theif could steal guard uniform, and his name changed to look like ai on guard side, but his regular name would still be the same shown on theif side, i dont know if yall think this is a good idea so help me out here
    What for? It will create huge disbalance, because thieves will be able to get into places undetected.

On the other hand if developers make the switching process long and noisy (you have to undress him, etc) maybe it will be ok. Plus, if real guards will discover a naked body your name will glow red in the list so guards can actually see that you're an impostor. (Based on the idea that they know eachother pretty well, or if guard was KO'ed he another guard his name)

Impostors should also loose the ability to be invisible in the dark, and they should move slower (because they aren't used/trained to wear heavy guard uniform)

Comment

That would be awesome.... But is it possible :|
      If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Comment

That would be awesome.... But is it possible :|
        Everything is possible.

Comment

Tight do you think that devs would do this????? :|

Comment

Tight do you think that devs would do this????? :|
            no... you could make a mutator though.

Comment

I dont know how. Could you do it?

Comment

Mortal Monkey and The Dan will find this thread eventually

Still , it would be nice and balanced : thieves would have to imitate the AI's habits , walk most of the time , open closed doors (not obvious) , follow AI patrols , and obey orders (without being able to use AI speech... it would sound very suspicious)

Of course , only certain guards could be undressed , and only when KOed (fake haunts or bloody armors wouldn't look right)

The thief couldn't use any weapon as impostor , but the amount of loot and possibly objectives he could (relatively) safely take would be worth it. Feigning camping on a major objective would require patience , since other guards will protect it as well.

Comment

Serverside setting?

Comment

Nice stuff!

This whold be fun... But taking orders...

And the thief whold take the AIs name and stand as "Sefra" Without the AI tag...
                    hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

Sounds cool. If it can be pulled off.

And I agree that only certain guards should be allowed to get mugged.

I hope this one goes through.

Would certainly put a very interesting twist to the gameplay.

I wonder if other thieves should know which guards are guards, and which 'guards' are actually thieves in disguise.
                      "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

They shouldn't IMHO.

"By wearing this uniform you are agreed to take all risks like being killed/stabbed/mugged/poisoned"

Short version of Uniform EULA. (End-user license agreement)

Comment

Originally posted by Netspider
                          They shouldn't IMHO.

"By wearing this uniform you are agreed to take all risks like being killed/stabbed/mugged/poisoned"

Short version of Uniform EULA. (End-user license agreement)
                          :lol:

Cool.

Sounds good to me.

:lol:
                          "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                          even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                          of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Yeah, This and no whisper across the map... (No telling to other thieves... And they don't want to shout it out...)

But the guards whold start hitting each other to check... That whold be annoying...
                            hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

So can anyone do it???????????

Comment

Working...
                              X