Box Desguises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box Desguises

Ever had problems with guards that use boxes to block doors/objectives? I know I have. Sure, some may see it as fair, but I see it as guards getting free traps that thieves have a harder time getting around than caltrops or mines.

Therefore, I think that thieves should be able to use big boxes to disguise themselves. Thieves might be able to sneek around box ridden areas almost undetected then, and if guards want to find them, they must smash the boxes. Also, a thief in a box could be carried by a guard, which would be a great way to get into heavily guarded areas unseen.

What do you guys think?

that would be kinda cool... but no way to see where ur goiin as theif so it would be balanced.
    If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Comment

in realism, a guard whould notice the overburdening weight of a box with a thief inside. but that would be pretty cool

Comment

Originally posted by Katra
        in realism, a guard whould notice the overburdening weight of a box with a thief inside. but that would be pretty cool
        Unless he thought it was full of something other than thief. Yards of cloth, bottles of wine, preserved food, that kind of thing.

Comment

"Smash all the boxes to make sure there aren't thieves in them!!"

"Uh, now what can we block the doors with?..."

I love it.
          It's not my fault everything you like is terrible.

Comment

(Heh, I envisioned a box with two feet sticking out of the bottom, sneaking around and hiding behind bushes etc.)

Hmm, the Theif could have a knot-hole view, somewhat like the overlay for the telescope. Of course, a thief might just end up sitting in a box for the whole game

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
              (Heh, I envisioned a box with two feet sticking out of the bottom, sneaking around and hiding behind bushes etc.)

Hmm, the Theif could have a knot-hole view, somewhat like the overlay for the telescope. Of course, a thief might just end up sitting in a box for the whole game
              he wouldn't get any objectives accomplished... :roll:

Comment

I don't think The Builder would approve of Guards smashing boxes for no apparent reason other than the fact that a thief may be in there...
                Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                "Dream is Destiny"
                Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                  I don't think The Builder would approve of Guards smashing boxes for no apparent reason other than the fact that a thief may be in there...
                  *imagines the new cries of lamer outrage*

"OMG, CRATESLASHER!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
                    Originally posted by Curunir
                    *imagines the new cries of lamer outrage*

"OMG, CRATESLASHER!!!"

Yeah, and if thieves could break the box over the guard and KO or something, that'd be great... "OMG!! BOXWHORE!"

OMG! Why don't crates thrown from high distances kill thieves or guards? I'd love it on Flats.
                    Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                    "Dream is Destiny"
                    Waking Life

Comment

Thrown objects, if going fast enough, and if heavy enough, should KO a guard.

The idea has been around since SongOfTheCaverns in Thief Gold.

The box thing could be fun too...

Comment

Just tp make sure, The guards throw the crates under water and wait until the thief drowns... :twisted:
                        hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

Originally posted by Kain
                          Just tp make sure, The guards throw the crates under water and wait until the thief drowns... :twisted:
                          better yet , take the suspicious boxes in Korman and throw them from the bell tower

How about making filled boxes inflict more damage when falling ? This could lead to fancy strategies...

Comment

2 Thiefs cooperating from the bell tower with a catfall... :twisted:
                            hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

Sounds like Metal Gear. :lol:

cool! 8) WHy are there 2 emoticons for "cool?"
                              "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

Working...
                              X