Things that need to come back from 1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that need to come back from 1.2

Mantling. - Go back to 1.2 mantling, yes it still allows that flying look in like 3 areas but at least you can mantle properly.. Nothing kills me more than the attempted mantle that takes 3 tries to do as I get whacked by a guard. And as a guard in grange u can't mantle the middle of the railing in the main upper area.. u have to goto the corners.. big pain in the ass. Fixing the flying bug that had no bearing on the game caused bigger problems on in-game playability

Balance. - Bring back normal balance! And work out the bugs.. I see new joiners getting Thief right away... and after I guarded 3 maps in a row, i get stuck with guard again!... Seems a little messed up to me.

THe best balance is the balance on score:

the higher a player scores on the previous round, the higher priority his choice in the next.

Whaddaya think?
    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

That sux... If you can't get any score you're stuck... Not guard more then 2 times in a row!!! :x
      hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

Yeah, I don't like that idea. New players would never get a chance to thief if they played with the veterans, and I think that = bad.

Plus, some of the best games I've had were when I DIDN'T want to guard, and I had to guard against my own guild members.

*Glances at Machine*

Comment

Kewl you forgot Footstep arrows :grin: with a few modifications...ie making them louder and blah blah....I loved footstep arrows...they were great :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Errblah
            Kewl you forgot Footstep arrows :grin: with a few modifications...ie making them louder and blah blah....I loved footstep arrows...they were great :cry:
            no...no i didnt forget...

Comment

Balance, no
              Mantling, din't even know there was something gone :S
              On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Please... the balance we have now is crap. I'm so tired of guarding. everyone has stories about all the times they have had to guard 3 or so times in a row and are forced to guard yet again. Why is that? The whole deal with there never being more thieves than guard is ONLY beneficial when there are exactly 3 players in the server, making 2 guards and 1 thief. That is the ONLY time it really matters. Its not too common to only have 3 players in a server, and the rest of the time that so-called balance is nothing but a pain. I found that 1.2 team balance struck a pretty even 50-50 situation. Unless there were several people in the server who always played guards(RLF for example) I could expect to thief every other map. Now even with devoted guard players the best I can hope for is 50-50. Usually though it ends up closer to 70-30, the 70% being guard. This is single most aggrivating change that has been put into this mod since 1.2(excepting the AI bugs from 1.3, thank god those were fixed). I'd really appreciate it, along with many other people, if the balance was changed back to the way it was... you know... when it actually balanced the teams evenly. Thank you for your consideration.
                "They say we cleaned out the royal treasury, and took the kings wedding ring off his finger as he slept!" "That must have taken an entire team of our best sneaks." "I heard it was lieutenant Jarvis." "Impossible!"
                -Two unknown CTG probies

Comment

yea..mantling was nerfed to stop the ability to mantle and then float acrossed a wall... the problem is that now u can't mantle a lot of areas that u used to be able to mantle on the first try sometimes... Doesn't affect normal path gameplay..but when u want to move fast and mantle or jump over something... certain parts are no longer mantlable... Grange has a few good areas for example...

1. Go upstairs and look down on the main floor... get up against the railing and try to mantle the middle..while pushing forward.. the guard does a small hop and falls back down.. only place u can mantle is at each end where the railing meets the wall. Imagine there is a thief down there getting away and ur stuck forkin around with the railing.

2. Go upstairs to the Dark room that over looks the dining table.... same problem.. cant mantle properly.

LR found this problem originally i think. maybe he knows of other areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Errblah
                    The noice is to intence for the footstep... To fast... No guard whold fall for it... Well, Benny...b

Comment

Originally posted by Majarisan
                      Please... the balance we have now is crap. I'm so tired of guarding. everyone has stories about all the times they have had to guard 3 or so times in a row and are forced to guard yet again. Why is that? The whole deal with there never being more thieves than guard is ONLY beneficial when there are exactly 3 players in the server, making 2 guards and 1 thief. That is the ONLY time it really matters. Its not too common to only have 3 players in a server, and the rest of the time that so-called balance is nothing but a pain. I found that 1.2 team balance struck a pretty even 50-50 situation. Unless there were several people in the server who always played guards(RLF for example) I could expect to thief every other map. Now even with devoted guard players the best I can hope for is 50-50. Usually though it ends up closer to 70-30, the 70% being guard. This is single most aggrivating change that has been put into this mod since 1.2(excepting the AI bugs from 1.3, thank god those were fixed). I'd really appreciate it, along with many other people, if the balance was changed back to the way it was... you know... when it actually balanced the teams evenly. Thank you for your consideration.
                      2 thieves vs 1 guard , or 3 thieves vs 2 guards is a big NO for me. It's unbalanced, not fun for thieves due too many teammates and did I mention unbalanced? Sure we all have those moments where we have to guard 3 times in a row, accept it or leave. I hate it too sometimes, but hey.

Besides I know alot of situations where a thief has thieved for 2 or 3 times in a row too. It guess it has some sort of bug in it. Maby that's the problem ?
                      On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

The point system shold be removed though...

Comment

ok..phae...congrats...u are the ONLY one who likes the new balance....

But so what if there are more thieves than guards, you are such a skilled veteran it should be no problem for ya!

Actually if they would fix it so that it would be 1 thief vs 2 guard..and everything else could be more thieves (like 1.2) i think that would rock. You say deal with guarding 3 times in a row.. well u can also deal with having more thieves than guard in a 3 man situation.

And kain...the point system needs to be IMPROVED..not REMOVED. Being competitive is human nature, plus when we see high scorers we take a notice to them and watch them to see what they do differently. There needs to be some other scoring added like gettin points for your traps and things like that.

Comment

Remove the points on the que line for Thief... Not in game...

Comment

Kewl, they did change it for a reason, now did they?

- 2 thieves vs 1 guard would make the game itself unbalanced. Thieves have a better chance of winning.
                              - Guarding more then you want, doesn't make the game itself unbalanced.

About your so called clever comments:

"seems you're the only one liking the balance"

well .. I knew you could be inpatient, but THIS inpatient? People hardly spoke in this thread. Maby 5 people replied. you, me, some1 who din't like the balance, and 2 others who din't give their opinion.

"But so what if there are more thieves than guards,you are such a skilled veteran it should be no problem for ya! "

Do you think I care for myself only? Maby you see yourself as "uber" but I don't. There are better players then me, and even them have difficult times dealing with more thieves then guards. But what about the n00bs or less skilled players then these "uber-guards" . Did you think about them?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Working...
                              X