Thievery Classes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thievery Classes

OK, now this isn't an idea that I particularly like myself but I'm curious on other peoples opinions of the overal theme of player-classes.

(I think someone mentioend this before, but its hardly original anyway so I can't claim credit for this one)

What if we had a variant on T Vs G where players were forced to pick one of several pre-determined classes, which would then each have their own loadout and/or special traits/appearance?

I can't be bothered to make up some classes because this isn't a discussion of the different player classes themself.

Note:
    -Player classes enforce a degree of rigity onto a player's style and so won't be popular with some people. However, remember this is proposed as an alternative, not a replacement for T Vs G.
    -By having proper roles for players, teamwork would become more structured, with team members knowing what the others are doing (as opposed to walking into a room and seeing several identical players standing around and not knowing what they're planning to do)

& I'm sorry if the poll seems a bit biased (three "no" options, & one "yes" option) but I can't see why people should have to justify liking an idea
    No, I prefer my freedom in what I do
    0%
    No, why fix what isn't broken?
    0%
    Yes
    0%
    No, shouldn't we be concentrating on the more important stuff?
    0%

I'd prefer the players to organise themselves, but I'm still for the idea.

At the beginning of the game, there should be a one minute warmup to let each team prepare themselves and separate tasks. During this warmup, nothing could be frobbed, and no damage could be taken.
    JM

Comment

Oh...

THAT kind of class.

I wish I could change my vote.

I wonder what I was drinking when I posted.
      "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

I foresee one problem... One class may be funnier to play than another. It won't end the team stacking issue...

Comment

Originally posted by Stakhanov
          One class may be funnier to play than another.
          The clown class?

I think you meant "more fun", funnier means "more humorous"

Comment

What kind of classes are you talking about, exactly. I'm confused...
            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
            "Dream is Destiny"
            Waking Life

Comment

Where is the "No" without an additional comment?
              No Linux, No Choice.
              Know Linux, Know Choice.

Comment

Yep, good idea
                ~TuF~

Comment

I think you can make something like America's Army classes. Where there's about 5 predefined classes with limited amount of entry points... like 1 sniper, and 2 machine gunners...

So people have to select different class if there's nothing else available...

Comment

Hey! That poll is rigged; three no options and one yes make the results look distorted! CHEATH!

Comment

yes, as long as theirs classes for guards as well!
                      ex.
                      Sniper (no sword)
                      healer ( pots and flares repair tool )
                      chaser (speeds and swords)
                      camper (traps)
                      gay firespammer (8 firebolts) *bold designates shitty idea

Comment

Why not take all of the emergent labels presently within TUT and turn them into classes:

"DM-er"
                        "One of those lame ghosters"
                        "Fucking Camper"
                        "<insert item or weapon> Whore"
                        "Whiner"

* footnote identical to Katra's

Comment

I voted "No, I prefer my freedom...", but my actual response is a combination of all three negative responses listed.

Why force players to choose a "class", when they can already set their own "classes" through the loadouts they set for themselves? Players who want a "class-based" game can already have it through the loadouts, while players who prefer something more free-form can have that as well.

Comment

I agree with LR. If a whole team wants to DM, let em. They shouldn't be forced to play a certain style because of the "class" they are.
                            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                              I agree with LR. If a whole team wants to DM, let em. They shouldn't be forced to play a certain style because of the "class" they are.
                              Even if players can choose which "class" they are, I'm against it. I don't see the need to impose rigidly defined classes on players, when they can make their own "classes" by choice of loadout and playstyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X