Few more bug fixes/ideas for 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few more bug fixes/ideas for 1.5

- Moss arrows should spawn in grassy areas like water arrow crystals do in water

- Buying rations should give you exactly one point per ration that you eat. This .33 health it gives is crappy and pretty much useless. You're paying 5 bucks for this cheese..it should give you something back. I say make the rations an Apple instead of cheese cuz most of the time apples give a full 1 point of health back. And Apples are healthier than cheese.

- Invisi Flash...Please fix this! This is the flash that happens as you take the invisi potion.. 40% of all my deaths are related to this bug, then being tagged by an uber aim AI ...and im sure its a good part of other people's deaths too.

1: no
    2: yah ... dunno, don't use the bitches.
    3: yes
    On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
      - Moss arrows should spawn in grassy areas like water arrow crystals do in water
      Those crystals -- like the one Grank abuses on Gerome -- are map features, not engine features.
      Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill
        Those crystals -- like the one Grank abuses on Gerome -- are map features, not engine features.
        WRONG...sort of
        You can set the number of chrystals to be randomly spawned in the ThieveryGameSettings actor in your map.

Oh, and I think it is a good idea, as long as we'd be able to buy something that would disable caltrops much more stealthily.
        ]V[]V[

Comment

yes i know they are map specific.. but more maps need to implement them and that actual code needs to be implemented first.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkBill

It still doesn't even out the camping of the evidence. I wish it spawned cracka arrows. :twisted:

Comment

wish it spawned invisi's, moss, and flashes!

Comment

Originally posted by Grank
                It still doesn't even out the camping of the evidence. I wish it spawned cracka arrows. :twisted:
                Next time I play that map with you, I'm going to be tempted to camp that cystal instead of the evidence. You seem to never even try for the evidence, yet you're always camping that crystal so ya can put out more torches. ^_^
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Additional Ideas

1... make gko radius reduced to 90 degrees instead of 180... It will end the circlestrafing abuse and inspire the use of true blackjacking. Honestly.. a person pulling off 8 or 9 ko's in one game needs to stop because 80% of them were ill gotten.

2... reduce max firebolt number to 2 (or 1) This will finally bring wisely used firebolts into the game.

3.. get rid of the bloody invis flash!

4... fix the crouching in water bug

5... fix the instantly charged AI mace smash bug

6... Fix gerome! (More library entrances and more loot, or lower loot requirement)

7... make flares burn longer? a torch that burns entire game and a larger flare that burns out in 14 seconds.....?

8... limit the max number of crack arrows to 2

9... reduce numer of thief lives in...
                  A) Folly
                  B) DE
                  C) Spiders
                  D) Warehouse
                  10... increase number of thief lives by 1 in...
                  A) Stronghold

Comment

Originally posted by Katra
                    1... make gko radius reduced to 90 degrees instead of 180... It will end the circlestrafing abuse and inspire the use of true blackjacking. Honestly.. a person pulling off 8 or 9 ko's in one game needs to stop because 80% of them were ill gotten.
                    Amen, but combined with lag, it might not make as huge a difference as you think.

2... reduce max firebolt number to 2 (or 1) This will finally bring wisely used firebolts into the game.
                    No. Learn to avoid them. It's not hard. If a guard has many firebolts, they don't have many other resources.

7... make flares burn longer? a torch that burns entire game and a larger flare that burns out in 14 seconds.....?
                    Torch is a BAD idea. There are good reasons why flares are the way they are.

8... limit the max number of crack arrows to 2
                    See the comment on firebolts. They aren't overpowered, there's little reason to limit them.

Comment

Additional Ideas

3.. get rid of the bloody invis flash!
                      How is that an additional idea?

Comment

- Buying rations should give you exactly one point per ration that you eat. This .33 health it gives is crappy and pretty much useless. You're paying 5 bucks for this cheese..it should give you something back. I say make the rations an Apple instead of cheese cuz most of the time apples give a full 1 point of health back. And Apples are healthier than cheese.
                        I think rations were implemented at 5 each just to give people something to spend their last 10 starting money on when the rest of their loadout doesn't even out. With scouting orbs in now, there's not much point to buying rations (at least as a thief) anymore anyway, so their uselessness is a moot point. Even if you are stuck buying them in some loadout, you're slightly better off with them than you are just wasting that starting money.

Comment

Scouting orb is the most worthless thing there.. at least if the rations gave u one drop each it would be worth spending ur last 15 loot.. Scouting orb is the equivalent of LEAN...why waste money when i can just lean

Comment

Scouting orb is the most worthless thing there.. at least if the rations gave u one drop each it would be worth spending ur last 15 loot.. Scouting orb is the equivalent of LEAN...why waste money when i can just lean
                            They're good for getting permanent invisibility and KOing the whole guard te--- err wait nm they fixed that.

Comment

Scouting orbs are extremely helpful. Use your surroundings and what you're given to your advantage...know your surroundings.

Comment

Working...
                              X