Bribes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bribes

In the buying menu, thieves could be given a "bribes" option, and would cost around 70-100 loot. A bribe would make you able to see AI guards on the map, or something like this. Another type of bribe would make you able to see where loot is.

Now, debate, please.
    JM

I betcha this'll get shot down rather fast.
    The only constant is change.
    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

I think it's a good idea.
      JM

Comment

So, do the AI guards get beefier equipment for accepting the bribe?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
          So, do the AI guards get beefier equipment for accepting the bribe?
          How could you beef up their equipment? They already have unlimited supplies of flares, and most kinds of bolts (regular, tags, paras).

Comment

well, I likethat idea. I tried it once in aquatone, the guard didn't buy it.
            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

So it would be kind of like the option of buying 'tips' like in the Thief game, only more encompassing and less useless.
              "I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
              even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
              of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

I don't like this idea. Especially the part about the loot.

Comment

Guards getting extra gold and thieves getting extra information... It seems like the start of an almost recursive and redundant trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
                    Guiards getting extra gold and thieves getting extra information... It seems like the start of an almost recursive and redundant trade.
                    It's a fair trade. However, I would like to know how the loot or guards would be revealed; not all maps even have a map function, much less a sketch map. Plus, which guard player gets the bribe? Or would it be like paying an independent informant?
                    TCO – Retired
                    Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

Originally posted by SNAFU
                      It's a fair trade.
                      That doesn't automatically make it useful or valid. IMO any kind of trade (or even supposed trade) that can optionally compromise/enhance one team or the other bastardises the TvG conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
                        It's a fair trade.
                        That doesn't automatically make it useful or valid. IMO any kind of trade (or even supposed trade) that can optionally compromise/enhance one team or the other bastardises the TvG conflict.
                        So then dropping potions on death and buying any or all equipment is bad?
                        TCO – Retired
                        Former TCO Head of Intelligence – Retired

Comment

So then dropping potions on death and buying any or all equipment is bad?
                          No. Trades between the teams. I find the idea that information could always be commoditised ridiculous.

Comment

In the buying menu, thieves could be given a "bribes" option, and would cost around 70-100 loot. A bribe would make you able to see AI guards on the map, or something like this.

Or maybe when a thief gets close enough to an A.I. Guard without being seen he could Frob the Guard and 'pay him off', with the Brib option bought earlier, and the guard will then leave the Thief alone for a randomized period of time, the next time that same guard sees him, he (the thief) is left alone.
                            ...and all is silent, save the voice of the clock...

Comment

It's a good Idea but instead of showing places on map.... There could be
                              a compas in the hud wich will tell you were the stuff is. 4 example if you
                              paid 100 grans then you get the first 4 points were the gold/stuff is.
                              Snek....take lot...and get out a live!

Comment

Working...
                              X