That sword is driving me crazy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That sword is driving me crazy!!!

Hi everybody. I really enjoy playing thievery BUT. When those guards sees you, youre dead. In Thief I & II the sword is cool and you can have alot of great sword duels with the guards, but in thievery, if you are a thief you are dead.
    It would be sooooo cool if the swing was longer, much longer, then the block would be usefull. Those guards that buy maces is crazy. It will take about 3 seconds and youre dead. Who does agree with me???? MAKE LONGER SWINGS FOR BOTH THIEFS AND GUARDS PLEEEEEAAASSSSE!!!!
    "No no no, i aint have any motto, as i always says"

practice will let you counter-attack the sword (aka run run run run run ) but I agree that thief/2 sword swings were alot better but i'm sure the dev team will work on it if we provide them with enough beer.............
    [E.D.G] "Eaves Droppers Guild - we're on the edge."

All New Thievery-O's!

Comment

Reason: It's not fun for a guard to get chopped to pieces by a sword wielding, leather wearing, weak little thief.
      This mod favors both side, and besides... your a thief, not a murder. (Gotta love that one)

Comment

The ideal would be that one thief vs one guard was an equal match. One thief vs two guards would be a lot harder for the thief, and 1 vs 3 would mean certain death. Unfortunately, this doesn't work too well in thievery. Why? Because there is usually more than one thief, and if they team up, they could take out the entire guard team one by one far too easily, especially with the addition of crack and flash.
        And if there's only one thief, he most likely has enough lives to do it anyway.
        ]V[]V[

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
          The ideal would be that one thief vs one guard was an equal match.
          No it wouldn't. In one-on-one, the thief should have to flee or die 8 times out of 10. Otherwise you'd have thieves who can go toe-to-toe with a guard, AND have stealth abilities.

Comment

Master-Builder said: It's not fun for a guard to get chopped to pieces by a sword wielding, leather wearing, weak little thief.

It's not fun for a thief to get smashed down with one hit by a mace wielding, fat, big, giant guard.

I just think that it is too damn easy for the guard to kill a thief!!!

Comment

Didn't we just have this topic?
              Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

If you see a guard, you do what we do.... Run.

The point of this game isnt to kill the other team, it's to sneak past the guards ang the lewt.

Comment

Yes off course you can run your ass of, but i am a bit tired of running away from them, it would be very nice if you had the oppurtunity to duel them, but you just get killed!!! :?

Comment

If you really desperately want to take out a guard for good, either even up the score first with one of your many disabling tools, or work with another Thief to take them down in one synchronised strike from the shadows.

You forget that unlike Thief there are now multiple thieves on the loose, not just you. Giving each one a fair chance to take down a guard on their own means that every level would inevitably turn a violent massacre and make playing as a guard an unpleasant experience.

Guard more before commenting on Thief balance issues. Understanding how both sides work gives you a much better grasp of the reason why things are as they are.

Comment

NO, you misunderstood me. The only thing im asking for is longer swings for both thiefs and guards, then it wil be more realistic duels when you get spotted by a guard. The guards can crush you with one hit, and that hit takes about 1 second to make. Thiefes needs to get all the way in to the guard as close as possible ever, and then make a hit that almost dosent make any damage!!!

The only thing im asking for is longer swings for both thiefs and guards.

Comment

Okay... listen up here.
                        Guards have big shiny metal armor.
                        You have a leather armor.
                        Now, do you really think you can take a guard out with a single slash from your sword?
                        Besides, it takes at least 3 strikes from a guards mace to kill you.
                        And the mace makes a guard slow, giving you even more of a chance to get away.

And dont forget:
                        Guards are trained for combat.
                        You are not.

Lastely, 75%+ of all players more or less hate dmer's.

Comment

Originally posted by Master-Builder
                          And dont forget:
                          Guards are trained for combat.
                          You are not.

Lastely, 75%+ of all players more or less hate dmer's.
                          youre suposed to be a friggin keeper!!!!!

if your trying to replicate the feal of thief then you sure failed, intead of this:

all i ever get is this:
                          uhg....

Comment

it;s eihter because you lack the skill of sneaking around( no offence meant) or you try to go wiht a sword or bow at close range.

Swordthieveing isn't one of hte best ideas. It'll usually get you killed, since the guards have an advantage in power and health.

THis is balanced by the thieve's power in potions and, well, sneakiness.

so, if you can master the thief, you won't have the need to complain about the sword.

hovever, swings do tend to be a little short on both sides. :?
                            "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

1. What are you doing trying to DUEL guards, anyway? Try running away instead. If you're tired of running away, either play a guard, or another game.

2. It does NOT take one hit from a guard's weapon to kill. It takes quite a few. Almost always enough to get away, unless you're already hurt from "dueling" other guards.

3. That's the way it SHOULD be. Guards should crush a thief in close quarters fighting.

4. Who tha FUKK told you you were supposed to be a Keeper in this game, anyway? You're a THIEF.

5. Even if you are a Keeper, the Keepers excelled at NOT BEING SEEN. Not at head to head fighting. In fact, this is what they avoided, fighting their battles by manipulating others into doing it for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X