firespam ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firespam ideas

i once again bring up the contraversal problem of firespam. i was just on a server and i won because i now include firebolts in my loadout. i realize that these weapons are very useful aginst DMers and so should not be removed, however in the case that some jumpy guard buys 3 or 4; some undetected thieves get caught in the blast and are killed because of other stoopid thieves. i suggest 2 things for this:

1. a limit of 2 fireblots
    and
    2. automatic splash damage on the shooter, perferbably a lager amout at first (like a nearby mine, about 25-35) then regular firedamage until fire goes out

from an expirenced player's point of view, firebolts would be used in an absolute necessity only, not a tool to check shadows because i ran out of flares.
    This is my cool sig.

On the rare occasions that I do buy a firebolt, I usually use it to relight a torch or not at all.
    Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, n. See also Irony.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel
      1. a limit of 2 fireblots
      I don't know who it was but somebody had 8 firebolts at Grange one time...

The last thies lost 6 drops / second...
      hehe.... this is a sig no?

Comment

to respond to daniel.. on number 2.

No.

if i chase a thief into a shadow with only 7 drops left, I can firebolt him, kill him and still be alive to pick up his dropped loot... but if the initial blast kills me..then that firebolt did me no good. there should be a limit of 2 and the spread should be less.

Comment

The things should be banned to hell.
          On demand this signature has been changed. I hope nobody was insulted or got harmed due to my signature. If this is the case, I'm fully responsible for the harm that was done. Do you feel harmed or you simply want a listening ear?

Call 0900-PHAE

Comment

Originally posted by KewlAzMe
            to respond to daniel.. on number 2.

No.

if i chase a thief into a shadow with only 7 drops left, I can firebolt him, kill him and still be alive to pick up his dropped loot... but if the initial blast kills me..then that firebolt did me no good. there should be a limit of 2 and the spread should be less.
            The point being that if you, the guard blast yourself in the pants with a bolt, obviously designed to explode quite violently, you should take a respective amount of damage, rather than the pittance it deducts now, hopefully discouraging or at least stupifying that particular method of attack.

In short, make the damage sustained from a firebolt greater to Guards, to match that which is taken by the thief.

And, make guards NOT set on fire, just hurt when the run thru the flames.
            ~TuF~

Comment

The funny thing is, people say the use firebolts to thwart DMers. Well, most of the elite DMers are good enough to KO you anyways, and often KO or kill you before putting out the fire.
              Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
              "Dream is Destiny"
              Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by Curunir
                The funny thing is, people say the use firebolts to thwart DMers. Well, most of the elite DMers are good enough to KO you anyways, and often KO or kill you before putting out the fire.
                I watched Gerbil put Nemesis down any number of times with a series of firebolts. Just kept blasting, and kept just out of reach while doing it.

Comment

It's hard for me to keep them down sometimes. I was playing with Imp the other day. I had a ping around 85-90, and his was over 500. He was teleporting all over the place. It was fun though.
                  Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                  "Dream is Destiny"
                  Waking Life

Comment

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
                    The things should be banned to hell.
                    Agreed!

I'm with LR on the DM issue, the times when I get bored and go on a firespam spree with SW or Lurox, we usually obliterate any thief we see unless the thief has a speed pot.
                    The only constant is change.
                    (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

A limit would definately be nice, although I think something should be done about guards who insist on setting themselves on fire so they can run through all the shadows.

Being on fire (& subsequently taking damage) shouldn't end of it's own accord. It should only be extuinguished by going in water, or by being splashed.

Therefore, guards are gonna have to shoot more sensibly (I've seen soooo many guards set their team-mates on fire), or get ready to go running for water.
                      Thieves start with a few water arrows (& have the option to get more), so they've got a much easier chance of surviving.

Comment

No Dan, bad idea. A lot of maps don't have any or much water. I'm up for lengthening the guard on-fire time though, but NOT the thief one.
                        The only constant is change.
                        (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

OK, I understand your point of view but now everyone is going to whinge that it's not realistic for a guard to burn for longer than a thief, due to them wearing loads of armour.

Either guards should burn to a crisp, or they shouldn't burn at all.
                          Currently, they take advantage of being on fire and even the realism people can see that its not right.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dan
                            OK, I understand your point of view but now everyone is going to whinge that it's not realistic for a guard to burn for longer than a thief, due to them wearing loads of armour.

Either guards should burn to a crisp, or they shouldn't burn at all.
                            Currently, they take advantage of being on fire and even the realism people can see that its not right.
                            A partial solution that doesn't require any action on the part of the devs is for a server to turn on friendly fire. That way, a guard's teammates who run through his fire bolt flames to get put on fire for the light (but without taking damage) will take damage from it. But that means that. It can even be set to higher than 100% (I think) meaning guards would take double the damage that thieves do. However, that applies to ALL weapons, so those accidental swings that connect with a teammate will do damage as well, and at the percentage set. It would alter gameplay a LOT, and I can see a lot of accidental deaths in the first weeks from players who whack a teammate on purpose, forgetting that friendly fire is on now. It could also make for some interesting thief tactics, tricking guards into hitting each other.

Come to think of it, it kind of makes loading AI up in a small room rather dangerous, too.

Comment

We've covered the friendly fire idea before, and my opinion is still the same: it's too open to negative exploitation by ragers or idiots and would cause more trouble than it solves outside of a guild war situation.
                              Nightmaster,
                              .:Mockers Thievery Guild:.
                              - "until the cat is skinned"

Comment

Working...
                              X