A suggestion for thievery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suggestion for thievery

What would peeps think if guards were able to throw weapons? I kinda like the idea of being able to throw a mace at a fleeing thief, and wonder if it would ever be incorporated into the game.

What do you guys think?

First, that this thread belongs in the Bugs and Suggestions forum.

Second, I think that you need a lot more experience with this mod before you start making suggestions.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

suggestion forum.

Comment

i only wanted to know wut joo thought, jezuz joo guys are touchy, i wasn't offering it as a bugs n stuff thing. Feedback on gameplay is always a good thing, what ever section it is in.

Secondly, i have experience of this mod - that's why i keep playing it =p, what you don't seem to understand is that i play many games online and therefore assume my naivity with it.

Just some thoughts on the ability to throw weapons would have done =p hehe

Comment

Well, it's a Bugs and Suggestions forum....

How would it work? Would you be able to pick up your weapon again? Would someone else? Imagine, if you will, a thief with a mace....

There are lots of details in a suggestion like this that have to be worked out.

Comment

i think he's referring to like UT, you can drop your weapon, run thru it and it auto picks up again.

Comment

actually i was just questioning the ability to be able to throw, i don't seem to think that there is anything wrong with the ability of throwing stuff in a mod/game.

The rest i'd leave to the pro's and the consensus of the community on what they would want on it. But it coo that peeps are paying attention to the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldritch
                i only wanted to know wut joo thought, jezuz joo guys are touchy, i wasn't offering it as a bugs n stuff thing. Feedback on gameplay is always a good thing, what ever section it is in.
                It's the Bug's and Suggestions forum. This is not. Suggestions belong there.

Touchy? Maybe a bit. Tired of newbie suggestion threads, especially in the wrong forum? Hell yes.

Secondly, i have experience of this mod - that's why i keep playing it =p, what you don't seem to understand is that i play many games online and therefore assume my naivity with it.
                I assume your relative inexperience with this game based on this post and your previous one about maps. This isn't a game you can pick up overnight, even the basics take longer than that.

Just some thoughts on the ability to throw weapons would have done =p hehe
                I don't like it. It's certainly not realistic, there's little point to it since you get a ranged weapon for free, and throwing away your weapon is almost never a good idea.
                Nearly all men can stand adversity -- if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.

Comment

Bah don't listen to them. :roll:
                  I like your idea.

btw: Personally I am bored of ppl yelling and spamming 'wrong forum, do it there'...
                  We got mods who see this without that and who can post and move...
                  AlienMode ThieveryUT adaption
                  Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
                  Life is a bitch, then you get cancer. One story is good till another is told.

Comment

George Orwell Wrote:

War is peace
                    Freedom is slavery
                    Ignorance is Strength

=p

Comment

hehe at last, someone who actually took my thread the way it was meant, thanks Beowulf

Comment

I like the idea, but I fear that something I mentioned in a different thread might become reality...
                        ]V[]V[

Comment

MACE TOWERS!!!!!!

What`?

Comment

Well, I don't necessarily want to throw my weapon, though that would be cool, I'd much rather be able to pick up weapons from KOd guards. Thieves and gaurds would be able to do this, of course.
                            Genius is a blink before a moment of insanity.
                            "Dream is Destiny"
                            Waking Life

Comment

Hey, maybe guards should be able to pick up blackjacks, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X