Non serious TUT suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non serious TUT suggestions

OK, it's all very nice that everyone has suggestions for new inventory items and playing rules, but I'm started to feel bogged down with all the discussions of realism in Thievery.

Therefore, I reckon we should have a thread discussing non-serious but VIABLE suggestions for Thievery. I've been thinking that Thievery needs a few comedy mutators producing, to help wind down after a session of playing properly.

Note: To anyone interested, I've got a mutator for Thievery FatBoy on my hard drive, that makes thieves fatter as they get more loot. Just PM me for the file.
    (I'm trying to get together a group of useful files then I'll set up a proper download page for them)

Further Note: Please no gun-related suggestions, if you want to stick loads of guns in, then I suggest you go back to UT.

How about a mutator that, when you blackjack a guard, his head explodes. I'll leave it up for discussion if you want to leave guard awakens on under those circumstances....

Comment

Mario mutator:

All loot replaced with spinning coins, and the appropriate sound effect for when frobbed. The invincibility song from the mario games should play when a thief drinks a catfall and an invis.

Jump height increased above head height for everyone, fall KO distance decreased accordingly. Instead of a normal death animation, meshes are turned upside down and fall out of world.

Comment

Originally posted by Nachimir
        Mario mutator:

All loot replaced with spinning coins, and the appropriate sound effect for when frobbed. The invincibility song from the mario games should play when a thief drinks a catfall and an invis.

Jump height increased above head height for everyone, fall KO distance decreased accordingly. Instead of a normal death animation, meshes are turned upside down and fall out of world.
        OH! Have you seen the Sonic the Hedgehog CTF map for UT. It's hilarious. All the items (but not weapons) have been rescripted to look like things from the original Sonic game, and the only health on the map is spinning gold rings!

Comment

[quote="LaughingRat"]
          Originally posted by Nachimir
          Mario mutator:
          OH! Have you seen the Sonic the Hedgehog CTF map for UT. It's hilarious. All the items (but not weapons) have been rescripted to look like things from the original Sonic game, and the only health on the map is spinning gold rings!
          Where can I get this map LR?

I think we should get a anoucer voice like in the normal UT saying owngae when a guard starts getting ubber or a thieve gets too many kos. (posted before but still a great idea IMO)
          Feel the power of the

Comment

Originally posted by Antero90
            Originally posted by LaughingRat
            Where can I get this map LR?
            Errm. I think you may still be able to get it at NaliCity. It's called CTF-GreenHillZone, after that stage in Sonic. It looks JUST like a 3D version of that section in the game. It's a bit of a laggy map, though, low end machines will have trouble with it in online, and possibly even offline play.

Comment

A mutator that gives flashbombs a timer, so they bounce of the ground and walls before they go *flash*

A mutator that might spawn a green spider on the map (which respawns when killed), you could use thief and guard spawnpoints for its spawn location. Might be hard to code though, since the spider would have to use the guard patrolpoints and all. This would be just for fun and carnage.

An instagib mutator for guards (one hit kills)

A mutator that lets thieves KO guards with fully charged broadheads.

Need more?

Comment

How about a mutator that replaces all crate textures with lego ones. Also, when you are holding a crate err brick and you aim at another brick, the side of the brick at which you are most directly pointing (as determined by a trace) is highlighted. When a side is frobbed, the two bricks are joined at that side.

Comment

Nuff said...

Well, maybe a crate tower building mod where both teams would have to work togheter/against each other would rock.... But then again, that might just be me.

Comment

Thanks for showing off all the thief 3 pics, smartass.
                    JM

Comment

That looks kind of like Super Mario Kart.

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory,
                      even stopper death - if you aren't as big a bunch
                      of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." -- Professor Severus Snape.

Comment

Oie - it would probably be easier to manually calculate facing (I think you'd have to do it anyway), then dynamically load a model with one of its faces pre-hilited.

Unserious suggestions, eh? You know I can't suggest anything without wanting it.
                        • Arcade mode.
                        • Envitoment effects (raindrops, snow, leaves blown by wind etc.)
                        • Tornado.
                        • Ah what the heck. Thunder & lightning, TIDALWAVE!, earthquake, meteor shower, wildfire and any other natural catastrophy you can think of (exept Megadude maybe).
                        • Poison ivy. You gotta have poison ivy.
                        • Strongbad commentary.
                        • Bouncy arrows.
                        • Ninja mode, complete with chopsticks and grappling hooks.
                        • Bumpercar mode.
                        • CHICKENS!
                        • Funny suicides.
                        • Or better yet, KAMIKAZEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                        • MoER nEkkID FLeSh!
                        ]V[]V[

Comment

BURNINATE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MortalMonkey
                            Envitoment effects (raindrops, snow, leaves blown by wind etc.)
                            Most of those environmental effects are already in the game. Asylum even has thunder, rain, and lightning. District has lightning (and it even doesn't look like a strobelight in offline play!) and rain, I think. I've seen snow done several ways in some UT maps.

They're just not used in most maps. They'd wreak havoc on your framerates.

Comment

Did I say tsunami, blizzard and flying small trees maybe? If used correctly, rain would wreak no more havoc on anyones framerates than one lone firebolt would.
                              Actually, I think I'm going to go make a rain mutator right now just to prove it to ya.
                              ]V[]V[

Comment

Working...
                              X