Sugestion: New guard Weapon at slot nr 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugestion: New guard Weapon at slot nr 2

I was out playing ( ) with my throwing axe and I thought of that mabe the guards chold have one... On the empety slot nr. 2...

Instant Thief kill
    Only retrivable at wood
    Cost like 100 loot
    Thiefs can throw back at slot 0

So? any questions/ Bans?
    hehe.... this is a sig no?

Well , it's a bit extreme... I'd say make it deal 75 damage rather , and drop when hitting a non-wooden/grassy surface. It would stun the thief badly but not instagib him... 100 loot is too firebolt - like (allowing monster loadouts for 8 cheap frags) , I'd say 80 rather. It should be quite slow and only effective on straight chases (when the crossbow is not enough)
    Thieves may throw it back , but even slower (easier to dodge&retrieve)

Or maybe replace the mace with that axe , primary fire for slash/charged hit , secondary fire for throwing it. Would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kain
      Instant Thief kill
      No.

Only retrivable at wood
      Cost like 100 loot
      Not unreasonable.

What would thieves use for a "no weapons" slot, then?

I don't think the idea of a throwing axe is an intrinsically bad one, but instant kills and eve 75 damage are far too unbalanced. Even a crossbow only does 30. Having a cheap, light weapon that can be thrown might be a useful addition ot the guards' arsenal for people who wanted to play primarily a crossbowman, though (Garlisk suggested something like this a while back). A small hatchet, for around 100 starting money, that could be thrown, but can't block, and does slightly less damage than a sword wouldn't be out of balance.

Comment

Originally posted by LaughingRat
        Instant Thief kill
        No.
        Ok, like 60-75 then... (If you miss you wont get it back so it shold do much damage... And think of getting a axe in the back... )

I mean nr. 0 The thiefs have nr.1

So,

60-75 damage
        Only retrivable at wood and grass
        Cost like 100 loot
        Thiefs can throw back at weapon# 0

Comment

Still too much damage. Maybe the same as one mace hit or less.

I can imagine it now, a squad of guards camping Gerome, and as soon as the door is opened the thief gets chopped into pieces by a few flying axes.
          The only constant is change.
          (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
            Still too much damage. Maybe the same as one mace hit or less.

I can imagine it now, a squad of guards camping Gerome, and as soon as the door is opened the thief gets chopped into pieces by a few flying axes.
            If you have a max count 1?

Comment

Ok, like 60-75 then... (If you miss you wont get it back so it shold do much damage... And think of getting a axe in the back... )
              I can. And it's no worse than getting a crossbow bolt in the gut. Considerably less, actually, as the bolt will penetrate further, being more likely to pierce a vital organ.

I mean nr. 0 The thiefs have nr.1
              Oops, you're right.

Originally posted by CrouchingDork
              Kind of a moot point on Gerome, really.

Comment

Geromes just a worst situation example.

I can imagine it happening in many other situations too. Just imagine a guard standing at a door, waiting for a thief to open it.

*Door opens*

"Now look, you're gotten the master's carpets aaaaalllll bloody!"
                The only constant is change.
                (And I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Comment

Ok, then... 50 damage?

Max count 1 axe (non-retrivable?)

The Gerome doors is not hard to open from the side... "Lean forward" it's called

Comment

max count 3 axes.

45 damage.

MAYBE.
                    "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

No. I think slot #2 for guards should be a horn, which they can blow, and cause all AI in a wide radius to come running.

Comment

This is about the axe... not the weapon slot... Make the slot to 0 if you'll get happier by it...

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowgrab
                          No. I think slot #2 for guards should be a horn, which they can blow, and cause all AI in a wide radius to come running.
                          "Just off the border of your waking mind there lies another time, where darkness and light are one. As you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be unable to go beyond. I have a message from another time."

Comment

100 loot for 45 damage? Now THAT'S unreasonable.
                            JM

Comment

Instant Thief kill
                              No.

Only retrivable at wood
                              Cost like 100 loot
                              Not unreasonable.

I don't think the idea of a throwing axe is an intrinsically bad one, but instant kills and eve 75 damage are far too unbalanced. Even a crossbow only does 30. Having a cheap, light weapon that can be thrown might be a useful addition ot the guards' arsenal for people who wanted to play primarily a crossbowman, though (Garlisk suggested something like this a while back). A small hatchet, for around 100 starting money, that could be thrown, but can't block, and does slightly less damage than a sword wouldn't be out of balance.

Dude, my name got mentioned. Lol, thanks for bringing that up. I'd STILL like to see a light weapon for both thieves and guards.
                              Garlisk's Fantasy Art Gallery
                              www.usyetzer.com

Comment

Working...
                              X